Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The speech data services team (Alexa Data Services) is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the recently launched Amazon Echo product. We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to create best-in-class dashboards and reports. This position will lead the design efforts on a variety of reporting projects to support multiple teams and products. You will partner with business and product development teams throughout the product lifecycle producing timely and top quality reports.
We are seeking a candidate with a restlessness to answer “why” questions and passion about using data to drive decision-making. We will be developing highly intuitive and easy to use dashboards to handle all aspects of data processing, visualization, and efficiency tracking. The dashboards will be internationalized and used by our data associates, research scientists, and managers around the world. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 2+ years of DW architect experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience writing SQL code.
- 3+ years of experience building reporting semantic layers and BI dashboards.
- 3+ years of hands-on ETL experience.
- Experience working with large scale databases and big data technologies.
- Hands-on experience on all aspects of data warehousing. Design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive data deliverables.
- Experience in architecting,implementing medium scale BI solutions.
- Developing and deploying datamart, analytic solutions
- Experience with scalable columnar database structures.
- 7+ years of DW experience.
- 4+ years development experience with notable BI reporting tools (Oracle BI Enterprise Edition is preferred, Cognos)
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience on AWS, Python, Ruby, EMR, Spark is a plus.
- Good Communication skills and team player