Overview (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of our Global Delivery Center of Expertise in the bank. Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for the individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
BA Continuum India Pvt. Ltd. supports business process, information technology and knowledge process across Consumer Banking, including Card and Home Loans, Legacy Asset Servicing, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth and Investment Management lines of business at Bank of America
Global Wholesale Banking Technology (GWBT) comprises of technology for Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking Customers of Bank of America across the globe. The team works closely with the business and strategic partners to architect, design and develop applications for the Global Wholesale Banking Line of Business.
Job Description (Overview of Role)
An opening exists for an experienced production support analyst within Global Wholesale Banking Technology & Operations (GWBT&O) team in India. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily Production Support functions for Mainframe applications. They will work on and ensure that all incidents related to the supported applications are resolved in a timely manner. The resource will ensure functioning of the production environment with the view to maintain stability and control.
This position is a hands-on technical role that requires the analyst to be able to support incidents in the production environment and also provide release and health-check/monitoring support. The analyst will have overall responsibility for day to day support of the GBS suite of applications.
- Production support of the GBS suite of applications.
- Participates in design, development and implementation of releases and processes.
- Manages deliverables, communicate risks, work in an integrated team and have a comfort level working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Supports development teams in initiatives and other projects as required.
- Manages the implementation of multiple portfolios/initiatives and application support items into production.
- Provides overall coverage and control on changes being implemented into GBS environment, prioritize their urgency, criticality, group changes in order of relevance, assess inter-dependencies between changes, determine and eliminate conflicts, assess risk and determine risk mitigating plans.
- Provides late support when necessary, be flexible and may work in weekends as required for support.
- Creates implementation plans and release notes.
- Defines, implements and executes release strategy improvements to meet the demands for ability to deliver far higher volume of change to the platform with no reduction in stability objectives.
- Manages multiple conflicting business / technology priorities
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- 4-6 years of industry experience preferably in banking with support background and related high pressure environment, other industry experience will also be considered.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential; must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible and results driven
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with various stakeholders, such as, business partners, project manager, Technical lead, developers and testing partners who may be based in various geographical locations and timeframes
- Influence other change groups to ensure delivery of service meets level required by the organization as a whole.
- Demonstrable experience in resolving complex issues involving multiple groups and liaise with key business stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with a natural ability to research and resolve complex systems, applications and user issues
- Solid knowledge of SDLC and experience in production support, Incident management, problem management.
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 shift environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes in priorities
- Excellent spoken and written English and clear oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of Mainframe environment and related tools
- Strong JCL, COBOL, Z/VM, Nomad, REXX; Tools: FM, Endeavor.
: 4-6 yrs
Any University Graduate
: Rotational Shifts