Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
Key specific accountabilities.
Monitor CLOUD L1 and L2 stack
• Monitor Splunk / vmTurbo alerts
• Cover global hotline
• Daily SOD Peer checks –3x24x7
• Manage Barclays own private cloud automation failed tasks at SOD, start & mid shift, escalate when necessary
• Review pending CRs for capacity uplifts, start & mid shift
• Undertake fully documented technically simple remediation tasks
• Monitoring Barclays own private cloud mailbox and escalate accordingly
• Attend daily cloud calls
• Answer user queries
• Contribute and eventually take over ownership of L1/L2 wiki –Cloud section
• Manage more complex remediation tasks
• Develop more sophisticated and exhaustive documentation
• Resolve any other basis ESX issues as per approved KB articles on VIS wiki, and escalate to L3 when appropriate
• Perform monthly clean-up of powered off servers
• Current knowledge and hands on experience of virtualisation and automation technologies (Vmware/KVM) as well as HP and Cisco UCS server hardware technologies.
• Working knowledge and demonstrable experience of supporting MS Windows and/or RHEL on virtual platforms.
• Exposure to OpenStack Cloud OS and Linux KVM an advantage.
Exposure to AWS Public Cloud and Scripting
• Experience working with Service Now an advantage.
Stakeholder management and leadership.
As a member of Service Operations Team, the candidate is expected to be the first point of contact for customers. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and solid understanding of the technologies underpinning virtualisation.
Decision making and problem solving.
The candidate should demonstrate solid technical problem solving skills and the ability to work with various teams in pressurized circumstances.