Overall Reviews at Aditya Birla Group
Seeking middle managerial assignment in Procurement/ Material Management / SCM with a leading organization which stimulates intellectual growth, learn
• Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQ) on the basis of indents and other technical documents and receive quotations from the vendors
• Coordinate with Engineering for receipt of technical evaluation and prepare commercial evaluation of offers received
• Discussions, negotiations and mutual acceptance with vendor for technical delivery conditions and commercial conditions
• Material reconciliation for payment processing and PO closure
• Periodic reports to Procurement Manager on PO status and other issues
• Working experience on ERP system
• Implementing and monitoring effective procurement schedules along with finalizing the specifications of the materials and establishing the quality & quantity limits
• Finalization for ARC-Annual rate Contract for regular consumption based items / Standard Items.
• Spearheading continuous improvement projects for implementing quality standards.
• Identifying substitutes to achieve substantial reduction in production costs with maximum capacity utilization.
• Known as rescue member during plant breakdown/ emergency shutdown/crisis and I could meet the expectation of management during such events.
• Served as active member in various committees of WCM implementation project, six sigma Project, OHS improvement plan etc.
Assistant Manager | Kerala
| 23 Aug 2018
Work life balance that you will miss on working with this organisation
I worked here for more than 1 year and 6 months. I was handling a company retail store of idea cellular ltd. Initial years of working with this organization was really good and memorable. After the arrival of tough competitors in to the market I felt the organization was not on track to cope up with changes.
Introducing different ideas is very complicated in the organization because the approval will take time to come to live. and sometimes I feel lack of planning in implementation of various activities.
I have learned the tele communication work culture and its various work related activities also. you have to be alter on each day since you are representing a brand of ABG.
Management is good and supportive in terms of managerial and technical.
The working culture will be different according to the zones. the zone I worked was Malappuram and the ZBM was really supportive in all work related activities and I must call him as a TRUE LEADER.
The hardest part of the job is to handle the customer network and offer related issue. for all the final solutions they used to depend the company retail stores. its very difficult to get support for all the customers queries in terms of waiver and discount in the products.
Prosworking culture, good brand
Conslack of work life balance, immature senior staff bad behavior
what you learned
• As a assistant store manager take care of the day to day operations of the department and ensures maximum profitability for his store.
• Analyzing the monthly, weekly, daily target and plan to achieve the 100% target and discussing the plan with the team.
• Verification of the stock received from the Logistics Department Stock with the Invoice received and cross checking of the Prices & amount which is there in the system.
• Analyze the department P/L, control the costs and increase the sales margin to get the profitability.
• Organizing special promotions, displays, events to improve sales and ensuring100%stock on the shelves.
• Sop implementation in the store.
• Updating of the Products as per MBQ and displaying of the Products as per Plano gram.
• Displaying products with F I F O method.
• Maintenance of visual merchandise as per instructions.
• Frequent updating of prices and highlighting the offers available if any.
• Record maintenance and achieving of the targets on daily basis.
• Ensuring that the floor & products & racks &bins should be clean and hygienic.
• Add on sale to customer & cross merchandise.
• Maintaining hygiene and proper stock level so that it enhances overall sales and image of the store.
• Training, Motivating and monitoring the performance of staff.
Idea is a good place to work
The company of Idea cellular is a good place to work.The company is Employer friendly.The company product is Mobile service.The deal with Prepaid & Postpaid segments.The prepaid is larger segment when compared with Postpaid.The Postpaid segment has many plans & its growing very gradually.The prepaid segment is very fast & holds 80% of the Market share.
Its a good place for woking. Its takes care of their employees at any levels & for any problems.
The company gives free hand to work at your work place. They value your ideas with regarding work
When an employee works for the whole day and meet his work requirement & works beyond his work time & creates some thing unusal he is rewarded.
The management are very good employee friendly.They help the employee where ever an issue is brought its immediately addresses done without reminders.
The Hardest part of the job is when job is done and executed the manager does not recognise due to internal politics.
The most enjoyable part is all the employees are easily assessable to any body within the company & helps a person when ever we approach them with a problem
ProsNo free lunch
ConsVery long hours of work is not accecpted
Encorages to take initiatives and burden the responsibility
Let me answer to bullet points in same order
- There is no `typical day`, everyday you have a challenging piece of a big puzzle
- I learned how to take initiative and improve a $1.5bn investment both as a team member and individual contributions
Worked on real financial models and managed McK consultants
- Management is significantly qualified, in my team there was no redundant hierarchy
- Culture is flexible and depends on the managers you are working together with
- Motivating full time employees to support your task as a summer associate
- Having support of the top management and carrying your responsibility to achieve satisfying results
ProsResponsibility is given earlier, fascinating career growth
ConsDecision marking process is slow
This place restores total balance in work and fun. it was like an earning family. all working together, helping each other and achieving their respect
The day started with reading terminals, newspapers and analysing market.after that the mentor used to assign some work be it some forms filling, analysing a company, making stock price behaviour graph or marketing, client acquisition and attending meetings. This place taught me a lot, disciplined my life in respect of timings , dressing and completeing work on time, the co- workers were always fun to be around . All use dto work together in a great zeal and healthy discussions. The hardest part was sitting on a chair for long 9-5 span but gradually i overcame it. I just loved the place and environment of work.
Prosfree tea, lunch served very well, pretty office
Progressive workplace with strong values
The corporate office of Aditya Birla Group is a fast-paced and challenging work environment that is also quite open and progressive. The top management inspires respect and provide high quality mentoring to people working with them. The opportunities for young professionals to gain visibility are also quite significant. It is also one of the first places I have seen with women in key leadership position who have been given the opportunity to balance work with personal priorities.
ProsOpen work culture, good remuneration and benefits, intelligent and supportive colleagues
ConsExcessive deference to the promoter's family especially among the old guard
Productive and Mature work environment
- A day at work usually starts a little relaxed with things picking up by noon and evenings being rushed and hectic.
- Management is task oriented and expects you to be on your toes but with abundant learning opportunities.
- Workplace culture as still evolving but as the company has grown it has become more communicative, open and diverse.
- The hardest part is liaising with the management and meeting expectations of the superiors.
- Lots of group events especially during festivals and occasions make the workplace enjoyable.
ProsGroup Events and Activities, Training & development
ConsUnspecified career path / growth opportunities
Birla Corporation organises Training & Learning from time to time, like Total Quality Management, Business Communication and many progms to increse our skills, make changes in attitudes and approach, imparting product knowledge.
Mainlt, we have to increase the sales of our product through dealers , sub-dealers, promoters and we have to appoint them on a regular basis.
So, we don't have fixed working hours, we have to move out to the market as early as 6 a.m and sometimes we can return to our place after mid-night.
The hardest part of the job is receiving calls while driving
awesome environment to work
everyday i hve to complete my own task which has deployed by my team leader if i could able to complete my task, it's almost free for the day and i can opts for for next task.at the sametime most of the time i completed my work before my given time,it's lead to my other co-worker some kind of things like ,,,i couldn't able to explain..some time very difficult for me some manager P.A. which coouldnt able to speak english.the thing most i like during my work was talking to those who eligible for reimbursment first time.they are really funny...
Prosgood food and good environment
Consheavy work during the financial year
Customer Service Representative | Toronto, ON
| 22 May 2014
Team work hence proved is the most important thing at work!!!
I remember when I was working for Ancaster Endoscopy clinic
we were short of technician as one of our technician called a sick call and as being the administrator of the clinic it was my foremost duty to not to let the procedures get delayed. so I was trained to how to perform the tasks of a technician. So I changed and geared up as a technician and went to help my doctors and nurses so they don't have any inconvenience while performing procedures as our patients are our asset and we don't want to loose their trust and loyalty on us by delaying their procedures or wasting their precious time.
I still remember the most enjoyable part was we all worked as a team altogether and were helping each other out. we proved that day you can achieved what ever you want if you will work as a team and help each other by putting your feet in other shoes.
Proswe used to have a get together parties after every two to three weeks.
ConsYou have to be super active and give your 100 percent every time.
Bom clima organizacional, poucas chances de ascensão profissional
O cotidiano é geralmente tranquilo, os funcionários dispõem de certo grau de independência para realizar suas tarefas e podem executá-las em horários flexíveis, conciliando a vida pessoal à profissional.
O principal aprendizado está no trato com membros de origens culturais diferentes: com a convivência, compreendem-se os valores por trás do comportamento de funcionários estrangeiros.
A equipe é bem enxuta, então todos acabam se conhecendo bem e criando laços de amizade.
Partes difíceis do trabalho: lidar com as preferências dadas a funcionários estrangeiros, aos quais são encaminhados projetos mais robustos e importantes
Parte mais agradável: horários flexíveis e relação amigável com os colegas, ambiente descontraído
ProsContato constante com estrangeiros e aprendizado sobre a cultura indiana.
ConsHierarquia rígida e equipe enxuta não permitem ascensão na carreira dentro da organização.
Do not work here
Worst call center ever. Uneducated management, rules change daily, high volume employee turnover due to unsupporting supervisors, pay freeze for at least 3 years now.
No matter how hard you work, or how well you do on your calls, it is never good enough for them. Incentive pay requirements constantly changed so that it is very very hard to get any incentive any more. Very negative work atmosphere. High rate of firing from CSR's, supervisors to management. Shifts are 9 1/2 hours daily with only one paid break. Anyway they can make cuts to your paycheque has been done. No advancement opportunites. Usually clean house every November. This is why you see job adds for this company every week. No one stays and those that do eventually get fired for some weak excuse that they can find. They are known everywhere in Durham as the worst place to work. Best part....meeting nice people.