Anti Money Laundering
• Formulate & develop company policies as per the guidelines imposed by Reserve Bank of India.
• Update regulatory program inventory with relevant laws and regulation.
• Review & Update on a daily basis to locate new regulatory announcements or changes that impact bank operations.
• Conduct regular and targeted transaction monitoring to identify large purchase transaction patterns and trends associated with exceeding the Maximum dollar value allowed per sales transaction originating through sale of Traveler Cheque.
• Analyze and report to regional team with cash payments made to card accounts above market limit.
• Analyze and report to Financial Intelligence Unit with cash transaction report greater than prescribed threshold.
• Analyze & Report to regional team with credit balance in the card account.
• Review transactions & quarterly Reconciliation of Identified High Risk accounts highlighted though PEP & OFAC Sanctions match.
• Research, Investigate & Update Suspicious Activity Report through the above mentioned points and internal employee source for MCO to be reported to Country Executive Team and regulators.
• Monitoring of New Applications solicited through the sales force for adherence to AML program/Know Your Customer documents to identify gaps within departments & work in coordination with the business units to ensure control mitigation.
• Coordinate with global AML group to perform sanction screening on Bridger LexisNexis plat
Onboarding, People Screening and Vendor Management Lead - PAN India
Barclays has given me a global platform and opportunity to showcase myself with best of abilities to our stakeholders helps in achieving the desired targets. Right from vendor management to process engineering are the key activities performed by me in Barclays in my current role. Through development training provided by Barclays I have learnt skills like team management, handling pressure situations, leadership qualities, implementing lean in our processes etc help me in meeting my set goals effectively and efficiently. In the beginning of my career i have got an opportunity to lead Background verification for Noida location with a team of 3 people. Slowly and steady i have reached to a level wherein I lead the Onboarding, Background Verification, Vendor Management, Mediclaim services and other areas of HR Services at PAN India Level with a team of 13 subordinates directly reporting to me. Last year I have played a vital role in harmonizing background verification and onboarding process with the support of my team for Barclays, India entities helps us in delivering our services in a better way and lead to cost effectiveness for the organization. I love to work in challenging situations wherein I get an opportunity to explore myself with best of my abilities. The hardest part of my job is implementation of global vendor model and streamlining the onboarding process which gave me a lifetime experience. I enjoy every second of my work and my team members are my core strength wh
ProsFree meals, transportation and mediclaim services
• IFRS Reporting: Review of financials under IFRS and ensuring compliance under the relevant financial reporting standards (Barclays Corporate division). Reporting of monthly profit & loss key financial numbers to Group HO along with analysis of key variances.
• Indian GAAP: Involved in preparation of Indian GAAP financials and the notes to accounts for the Bank (Barclays Corporate division).
• Tax Compliance: Lead a team who conducts all tax related compliances for Bank branch in India and various other Barclays entities in India. This includes Service tax, WHT, Tax audits, TP, Current tax/Deferred tax provisions and other related compliances.
• New product approvals and launches: Supported the businesses in various new product launches in terms of providing assistance from financial control and accounting point of view.
• MI reporting: Involved in preparing and tracking various management reports on monthly profit and loss account, key financial ratios, NPA ratios.
• Others: Assisting in audits, managing committees, prepared and handled interface reconciliations, conducted snap checks on a sample accounts each month to check the reconciliations and conformance to the Account ownership and review (AO&R policy). Prepared and submitted the reconciliation related escalation points from the Financial Control team to the central Risk and Control Committee of the Bank comprising of the core Management team.
Excellent work Environment, Supportive Co-workers & Seniors, Good place to learn
I got to work with Barclays Shared Services for a year as contract based employee. working with barclays was fun and very helpful for me as a fresher. Basicly i was for hired as HR generalist but i got chance to work with MIS team as well where i was supposed to mark attandace, absent in SAP, also sending data to payroll team, employee deletion & addition in SAP
Almost every day brought a challange and something new to learn but some days i remember the most, one of them was the day when we got 90 new joinees profiles to hire in SAP and unfortunately my team member was on leave and i was supposed to do manual hiring in SAP all alone that takes around 5- 8 mins. each profile and create employee no's for new joinees, as all of them needed to be on floor next day. I completed my task by the end of the day though that end of the day meant by 12'o clock of night. I was very Happy that i did it with data accuracy, No fault in Employees details and salary. BUT I could do it because there was one big support behind me of my team leader.
So all i mean is Barclays Shared Services is the place where my skills were sharpen, got lot to learn, fun to work with. Certainly in every organization employees have work pressure but my manager and co-workers taught me how to stay calm and complete task with efficiency and accuracy..
Prosfree meals, Pick & drop facility, female employee safety
Description of the Work:
Involved in working as part of the Securitized Products Business Area of Investment Banking. It involves the Automation of different DotNet and Java based Trade Capture and Trade Processing Applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Involved in Framework Design and optimization.
• Scripting of new components, Scenario Creation and Execution.
• Managing Vendors and Consultants by assigning them tasks based on their skills and ensuring its efficient delivery.
• Constant interaction with Developers to identify and learn new functionalities introduced, to come up Test Cases and increase the Test Coverage on the Application.
• Creating Manual Test Cases for new JIRAs and testing them and Automating them subsequently.
• Conducted Weekly Demonstrations regarding the ‘Functionality’ and ‘Framework’ conducted for the Stakeholders.
• Designed Automation components for Ready-For-Business (RFB) checks for Run-The-Bank (RTB) applications.
• Working on a Keyword-driven test automation framework.
• Selection of resources by assessing their skills and key contributions they could make to the firm, and also identifying their roles in the team.
Initiated and created utilities to reduce manual effort and eliminate monotonous work apart from the work assigned.
Refund the mis credit amounts to Customer accounts
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Decision making regarding Payment Protection Insurance associated with a credit card.
• Thinking out of the box for the plausibility of the complaint.
• Giving feedback to agents
• Sharing updates with team members.
• Ensure that team achieves the quality target of 95%.
• Documenting each case in a hierarchical method.
• Generation of letters to inform the customers about the decision.
• Hands on experience in payment process which includes Validation, Payment, Quality check (QC), Fund transfer.
• Validating customer’s Name, Address , Account details with ID proofs and relevent documents.
• Checking the payment details of the customer and finalysing the payments and also deciding the payment mode.
• Quality check (QC)- Veryfing and validating the payment details.
• Do quality check for each case and ensure 100% quality
• Fund transfer – Transferring the funds to the customers through NEFT and generating the payment confirmation letter to the customer.
• Highlighting the information to the telephonic team.
• Recalculating the statements of customer by verifying the past records or statements.
• Finalizing the refund amount using industrial calculator or fixed redress calculator
ConsEnvironment: Good Knowledge in Banking sector & Fund transfer
The day, when diamond request are in the folder, whose SLA is of 2 hours only, are remain in a queue. The guy who handling that queue let the office without informing about those diamond request. Once the shift has been over all the employee has left there workstation and gone for board there cab. At the same time I got a call when I was in cab in my way to get those diamond request. Then I came back to office and take care of those request.
Basically I was not trained in that queue. I try to call up that guy, who is the specialist of that queue after my manager. But his phone was out of reachable, I don't know why, but it was. Then I made a call to my manager who was out of country in UK. He guide me over the phone, how to take care of it. I short out all those diamond request then at late night around 2:00 o'clock I board my cab and go back to my home and take reset.
That day, I get to know that some we have to work for the repo of the company, repo of the team and team manager. Which make you feel happy from inside.
And also get to know that how its important for any company to give every type of training to each employee related to there process.
But the most important part of that day I get to know about diamond request, and also help my bank to make the urgent transaction of 100 millions EURO from there client and customer.
Had a great time working for Barclays. Company gave me some of the best days of my life by allowing me to go to stockton, UK, my first oversees trip, and allowed me to explore a different cultural and professional life.(still have some great memories)
However, since I worked in a shared service centre, the focus is always on cost-reduction and getting the best output. This, at times, leads to closure of a well-functioning process wherein you have already settled down and planning for a career growth. Once that process closes and you move to a new process, you have to start everything again from ground zero and prove your mettle.
The other part is that very often when take over a new work, you don't find answers to all the questions from your local trainer. Even if you ask the same to your onshore counterpart, they too, don't have a very good answer towards it. Thus, you just do the work as done by your predecessor just for the sake of doing and it adds no value to your overall job role.
Otherwise, it an employee-centric company providing great benefits and awesome work-environment. Needless to mention, it pays you more than the industry average and certainly matches its global work standards.
Proswork-life balance, cogenial work environment
Consinadequate work training, more than required emphasis on voluntary learning
Excellent ● Finalize the findings and recommend the transition roadmap
• Responsible for project delivery and management
• Responsible for people Management staffing, (up to SA levels) performance management, and development /coaching of team members.
• Responsible for overall motivation and morale of the group.
• Responsible for customer Satisfaction, resource utilization, project profitability and quality and Process management.
• Provides direction for a project team in all the project phases.
Closely monitors of critical aspects of project critical paths
• Plan for the transition to centralized Level 1 support in coordination with the transition team
• Ensuring overall operational efficiency, identifying improvement and managing risks.
• Tracking team member performance against schedule and targets, providing feedback, resolving issues, and coordinating changes to enhance project performance.
• Maintaining responsibility for all resource planning and recruitment.
• Providing operational management overview and driving productivity improvement initiatives.
Team Manager (Travel Desk)
Booking of Air Tickets, Rail Tickets, Airport Transfers and Accommodations for Barclays employees in both sectors (Domestic and International).
350 travels or more bookings is done every month .Due to Transitions, New process training, Conferences, etc .
Arranging all country visa’s, foreign Currencies and Invitation Letters for Barclays employees those who going for Abroad.
Issuance, Re-issuance and cancellation of Air tickets and Accommodation booking.
Making travelers MIS and statistics report (Domestic and International travel) to check how much travel is increase and decrease in the current month on monthly basis and send to Management.
Checking, Processing and Resolving vendors payment invoices i.e.-Air tickets invoices, Accommodation invoices, forex invoices, visa invoices, etc and send to finance team for payment processing on Weekly basis.
Reload employees travel cards with forex amount i.e.- per diem, accommodation rent and car hire charges on weekly basis.
Handling the team of 5 travel executives and send their performance report and attendance to management.
Barclays sell the job to you as amazing, that they care so much about their employees and that it is a very stress free environment/culture. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
I lasted a year in this company, and it was the worst year of my life, making me contemplate suicide every morning before I started work. It was that bad.
It was a telephony based role. Training was woeful, rather than training you about the ins and outs of the company, how to use their systems and how to deal with different queries and complaints, they instead spend weeks drilling nonsense and what should be common sense to most people into your head. There was bare minimum training on how to do the job itself, and what they don’t tell you is that you need to know pretty much everything because managers are useless and other colleagues are unwilling to help and often times refused to take over the customer from you. Training is so bad that one member of staff will do/say one thing, and another member will believe something completely different to be the correct way. The truth is, absolutely nobody knows what they are talking about.
Nice customers are few and far between, and I don’t blame the customers because Barclays as a bank are shocking and unwilling to help. There was many times I could have done something to help but my manager simply refused that I take my own initiative which really is what companies should be looking for. Be prepared to be screamed at multiple times a day for somethi
ProsSalary and benefits
ConsTraining, managers, customers, day to day life
A good job but hampered by croney-ism being more important for advancement than capability
My job itself has never given me cause to be unhappy in itself, it has been extremely rewarding, however the office on the whole hampers itself by advancing the wrong people to the wrong positions.
I have never looked beyond my own current role for advancement as I feel my strengths are best used where I am and I do not feel my skills would be best utilised at higher levels.
We are looked after by the company, renumeration is a hot topic in any company, being in a company where you are paid below the national average for your particular role means it is no different here, but we are treated to special events, such as a staff barbecue, once a year, where we are allowed extra time outside our structured breaks to enjoy catering outside which is arranged and paid for by the company. The company also offers a sharesave system which is extremely generous.
One of the reasons I have enjoyed this role for so long is that I have tremendous respect for the people I work with on a peer level, the job is engaging and mentally stimulating, however its work-life balance is virtually non-existant, we operate 7 days a week and the only day our department closes is Christmas Day, we operate from 8am until 10pm and teams are split on a varying rota to cover the various shifts, currently we can only see 4 weeks ahead making it difficult to make family arrangements, middle managment and some team leaders do not have to make the same commitment to a similar pattern, there is also no shif
ProsFree Coffee on Mondays, desk massages once a month, special events
Conscomparatively low pay for role, lack of recognition for efforts, very poor work-life balance, a "butt-kiss" led environment, lack of opportunities for advancement, lack of accountability at higher levels for failure
Customer Mortgage Expert | Liverpool | 13 Mar 2021
Stressful place to work with little to no recognition
I worked at the call centre in Liverpool in the mortgage department as an agent. My primary role is to service existing mortgages for customers as well as help customers who are interested in applying for a mortgage with Barclays. The job itself is actually quite interesting as you talk to a wide variety of people from all walks of life however you are expected to keep up to date with an incredible amount of information. As mortgages are so highly regulated, staff have it drummed into them that if you were to give incorrect information to a customer by accident, there would be severe repercussions so there's a lot of pressure straight away. The training received, in my experience, was okay however because it was done over the December period, the existing staff were mainly on their holidays so getting experience on the phone lines was near impossible so you get thrown in at the deep end.
The goal posts are constantly moved by management. Stats on your calls are constantly looked at - so how long you're on the phone, putting people on hold etc. They have unrealistic expectations as to how to handle calls which is held to different standards by different managers. Call centres based in other countries have closed down so our call traffic is through the roof but extra training is never given.
Some staff, including myself, have been sent to work from home over the pandemic without being given the necessary equipment to make the job easier. I've only had a laptop and the heads
ProsFriendly staff, good canteen, sick pay
ConsLong hours, stressful, bad management, unrealistic expectations set, lack of support
It was a cheerfull and a charming team with a good infrastructure.
>A Typical day at work - Enter the office grab a cup of tea and have word with my manager on daily things to do list.
>Call the recruitment agency go through the recruitment tracker and advice the agency representative on what needs to be completed.
> Start fishing for new candidates from Dubizzle or Bayt shortlist the CV's and mail them to the business line managers for selection.
> Contact the potential candidates arrange for interview's.
> Conduct HR interview and send out the recruitment packs to recruitment agency for visa process.
> Initiate a contact with candidates ex- employers in order to obtain references through mail or phone call.
> request for the recruitment tracker from the agency go through the same by candidate to confirm the Labour approvals and date of joining of the new candidates.
> Prepare a recruitment report business wise with the latest update and send out to all business Line Managers.
> Go through the account opening tracker and follow-up on the pending forms.
> Check on the pending invoices and process the same with relevant approvals.
> Conduct a quality check on the candidate personal files (hard copies) and dispatch the same back to the agency.
> Keep checking the e-mails and reply them on time.
> Request for attendance from the business line mangers and update same in the attendance tracker.
> Conduct exit interview if any and send out the feedback to relevant
> Calculate End of service benefit for resigned e
ProsOver time was an additional income in Barclays
• Worked as a business analyst to build Strategy Web application for financial statements and inspections
• Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes.
• Designed and developed, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Entity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Visio and Business Process Modeling.
• Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements by using Rational Rose, Visio and Requisite pro – RUP.
• Involved in creating business processes and modeling diagrams using Rational Unified Process (RUP).
• Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
• Exposed to Agile methodology.
• Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing and documented detailed defects.
• Worked extensively with Risk Management, Mortgage Loan Servicing, and Commercial and Residential mortgage, CMBS, MBS.
• Mortgage Pre-payment risk, Risk Analytics for MBS, Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, MBS, CMBS, and Secondary Mortgage Market.
• Identified gaps and performed gap analysis with respect to CMS requirements.
• Escrow and Reserve Administration, Escrow processing, Escrow Analysis, Non-Escrow Loans Collateral Inspection and Monitoring, Property Inspection, Income and Expense Statement Review, Inspection Report.
• Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
• Reports were displayed and deriv
Great job for the people in the managers 'it' circle.
People get rewarded and promoted for their personal relationships rather than their capabilities.
I worked for around 3 years at the Barclays Contact Center in Liverpool. When I was first hired I thought it was great! 3/4 weeks paid class room training to ensure you had sufficient knowledge to successfully do your new role. A company that really seemed to care about their employee's and their future career within the company.
After a while it becomes apparent that regardless of how knowledgeable you are in your role favouritism is always given to those who have personal relationships with management. For example although it is supposed to be against policy there are multiple on going relationships that cause unwarranted drama in a working environment, multiple managers are dating each other, managers being in the same department as their partners, there have even been instances of people having affairs! It is honestly a very toxic environment for those who just want to do their job and progress due to merit and hard work.
The pay and benefits is pretty good for what the concept of the role is outlined to be. However with consistently changing business models and services level expectations the role becomes rather stressful quite quickly, it can seem like management & team leaders purpose is to advise that they are supporting staff whilst doing nothing but dictate and tear down performance if you don't ask a customer if they want a loan. The whole we do not 'sell' we 'educa
Change Coordinator – Barclays Bank PLC
Oct 2012 - Present
• Maintaining records management, working and coordinating with Stakeholders ensuring that they are updated with meetings, taking minutes, booking appointments, performing daily MI reports, having the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Collecting data analysis and ensuring that all records are maintained and looked in to effectively in order to ensure that the business has the relevant information that is required.
• Obtaining information from all parts of the business in order to plan for the future with statistics recorded.
• Completing complex admin tasks which involve various advanced excel skills such as – running reports against spreadsheets and locating missing information via reports and managing this data specifically and analysing key changes within the trends set. Implement procedures and processes maintain and distribute accordingly. Deal with any problematic solutions within a timely manner and remain focused.
• Whilst considering financial changes to implement, I will always ensure that I am focusing on improvement to prevent AML and legal structures which may impact the operation.
• One of my recent projects involved coordinating a 200-page operational instruction proposal: I proofed and edited the narratives provided by the division head, formatted spreadsheets, and generally made sure
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst | New York, NY | 17 Mar 2013
Sr. QA Analyst
• Working as primary liaison with Business, QA and Development teams for major releases, recreation of customer issues, subsequent patch testing and successful release of patches and service packs to clients.
• Managing and performing hands on project planning, auditing of system requirements, creation of documentation, tracking progress metrics and defects through Quality Center and mentoring the off-shore team.
• Coordinated with the offshore team the project deliverables and making sure the project deadlines are met in order to deployment the application in production on time.
• Setup walkthroughs and live meeting demos for QA offshore team to get the initial view and feel of the application under test.
• Conducted Gap analysis on scenarios and scripts created by the QA offshore team to make sure all the requirements were covered.
• Performed Data Profiling of current state of data in the Data Warehouse by doing Data Analysis using advanced SQL Queries and Microsoft Excel, finding Gaps in Data and formulating solutions for the same
• Involved in producing various reports by extracting basic data from Oracle tables using Toad and sorting and summing the data in different ways.
• Worked closely with the UAT team and assisted them when needed.
• Wrote Test Plans and played key role in dividing the Testing effort between automation and manual Testing teams.
• Setup Defect Review meetings with the IT team and QA offshore team. Send daily testing status report to all the stakeho
Customer Service Representative | Churchill | 16 Sept 2015
Horrible place to work
The people at Barclays are unimaginative, corrupt and at times pathological. People who are not in the 'click' are often victimised.
They preach values such as Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence yet the Management have double standards. They impose rules on others to be-little them, quoting them as bank policy when this is not the case. They hinder your development, block your ideas, or steal your idea after you've put all of the work into it. if you think outside the box and try to 'live the values' that Barclays themselves impose, the management will make your life difficult. If you want to make a positive difference to the lives of customers and improve your working environment, again, you will be isolated and antagonised into a reaction that may cost you your job.
Their Personal Development system is completely self and momentary orientated. Incentives to help others are based purely on how much money it will earn you, or how far up it will get you in the bonus hierarchy. They have an 'Added Value' system of which helping and training other colleagues is not considered as adding value to your role.
Their recruitment process is also questionable. Firstly you have to complete three psychometric tests; numerical, problem solving and 15 questions relating to their values. If you bench mark on this and are in the top bracket you will be selected for interview. When you are interviewed they will ask you up-to 8 competency questions and then a further 4 compete
ProsCompany pension, flexi-hours, private medical, good sick pay scheme, death in service, other benefits
Questions And Answers about Barclays
What would you suggest Barclays management do to prevent others from leaving?
Asked 18 Mar 2017
I think Barclays should have 2nd line people those who are compatible , can acknowledge the value of work done by there down line & growth oriented. I think this ethics can lead any company to its peak.
Answered 30 Jul 2019
People are leaving only because of work pressure, less salary and seniors bad behavior
Answered 17 May 2019
If you were to leave Barclays, what would be the reason?
Asked 18 Mar 2017
Medical. and personal
Answered 20 Nov 2017
Medical grounds & personal reason
Answered 20 Nov 2017
How does someone get hired at Barclays? What are the steps along the way?
Asked 15 Mar 2017
Be smart confident well groomed positive confident
Answered 20 Nov 2017
Be smart confident. well groomed positive attitude
Answered 20 Nov 2017
What is the onsite interview process for developer role?
Asked 8 May 2017
Quick decision on lion interview
Answered 20 Nov 2017
Quick decision on line interview
Answered 16 Nov 2017
What type of questions are asked in aptitude round?