Managing day-to-day operations of the Cash Management department.
Daily reconciliation and appropriate escalation of the same and research, follow up and resolution of the open times.
Reconciliation, Management and funding of Nostro accounts of Deutsche Bank, London
Ensuring the accurate forecasting of cash positions, thus reducing the economic cost of misfunding
Negotiation of cut-off times with Treasury/Global Markets.
Perform analysis of funding requirements.
Timely escalations of long outstandings.
In-depth understanding of the product and market in which trades are booked and also to understand the liquidity of the currency.
Knowledge on MT202, MT210, MT299 Swift messages.
To work closely with relationship managers, Operations, Traders and Agent Banks to address funding related issues and improve communication.
Fails management - Detailed follow up with business to find out the settlement status of the trade booked.
Identifying of Erroneous trades to ensure effective and accurate funding of forecasts to reduce overdraft and opportunity costs and demonstrate effective cost management for the bank.
Build and maintain relationship with Nostro agents to improve communication and identify potential cash management products to meet the Firm’s needs.
Responsible to ensure that complete training is provided to the new joinees so that they understand the infrastructure used for processing, and to have full understanding of the end to e
A. Reference Data Service B. Client On-boarding – KYC Initiatives (Compliance), Contract Risk Management C. Equity Settlements
A. Reference Data Service
• Setting up/Reconciliation of Securities (Bonds, ETFs, Equities ) static data in the front and back offices applications.
• NAV price calculation and updating the same in DB Trader.
• Updating MID/BID price for securities on a monthly basis for Italy region.
• Analyzing the coupon rate for each security and updating the rate at a regular basis.
• Processing Corporate Action securities in the respective applications.
• Clearing the trade breaks Involves in investigation and resolving the breaks (both pre-settlement and post-settlement) that which arise in the Trade Exception queue, clearing up of these breaks allows the trades to flow.
• Liaising with various data sources for data uniformity of data in system for Trades to flow STP (Straight through Processing) assisting organization to move towards STP.
• Assists client and staff with complex problem resolution. Consults on effective ways to meet client needs or appropriate method to be used for resolution of an error.
• Preparing Daily/Monthly MIS, KPI at Individual, Capacity Modeling reports and discuss the same with the Manager for effective process control.
• Updating KOPs as and when there is a procedural change in the process, interacting with the onshore to understand the change and communicate the same to the team.
• Reviewing KOPs on regular intervals.
• Familiar with Bloomberg, Reuters, Euroclear, Interactive Data and Telekurs.
B. Client On-boarding – KYC
• Working as shared resource for Internal audit and IDAM(Identity and Access Management) team .
• As part of audit team, performing KOP (key operating procedures) checks for all the process (compliance) and participate in internal audits for user/admin access check.
• Perform gatekeeper recertification activities using Aveska tool to implement SOX relevant application recertification (Annual checks), Leavers (Quarterly check), Movers (Monthly checks), Front office/Back office recertification (Weekly checks), SOD (Segregation of duties) violation checks.
• Assisting BISO’s for reviewing KOP’s and necessary actions required using Role Management portal.
• Nominated as point of contact for all team activities and escalations for IAG (identity and access governance) team.
• Involved in skeleton support testing’s as well as ITIL / Compliance based trainings for analyzing and mitigating the overall risk and release analysis.
• Troubleshooting of issues through direct interaction with end users on emails, calls and analyzing as per the end user requirements.
• Actively involved in updating and sign off of KOP (Key Operating Procedures/ Process flow documents) as per polices and standards of the Bank.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis with technical teams and managers.
• Generating reports in order to obtain periodic information on the inquiries received.
• Assisting Audit requirements from external auditors and ensuring Compliance controls by system log reviews at regu
Professionalism at work, Still Management is not fair !
❖ Since the time I've joined DBOI, my experience here so far has been good.
❖ Work wise, their is a very high level of Professionalism here, and things are practiced properly.
❖ However, in my entire work - span, till date, there have been times, where I was seeking help from Management, and my Seniors, which is really regretful to mention, that they were not at all co-operative and supportive, rather their gestures and behavior towards my request intended a very negative side, from their end.
❖ DBOI is a good place to work with, as it's a brand, at the same time, I've experience that even after being a Post graduate, the salary that they are being, is just Peanuts, which is really sad, comparing the kind of work they take out of us.
❖ Safety for girls is for sure a very good thing taken care here.
❖ Rest of the employee engagement activities are finely and timely conducted too, to keep the employees happy and motivated.
❖ Leaves is again a very big disappointment here, as DBOI does not provide leaves even on Indian National Holidays, like 15th August and 26th January, Diwali being the biggest festival for Indians, still.
❖ If above mentioned things are corrected and taken as a positive feedback, there would be no other better place in Rajasthan to work at.
Pros❖ professionalism ❖ safety of girls ❖ health & hygiene ❖ celebrations and events.
Cons❖ long working hours ❖ extreme less salary ❖ promotions is a big issue, cause of internal favoritism ❖ management should play a positive and a fair role, instead of threatening the employees on their requests.
• An astute Analytics and Operations professional with 6.3 years of experience in Process Management in Investment Banking industry
• Identifying projects in terms of process improvements in FX area and approaching the same using SIX SIGMA methodologies.
• Identifying small improvements in FX area.
• Handle Business Side projects and being a mediator between Business, Operations and Development side.
• Prepare monthly/fortnightly/annual reports using Statistical methodologies.
• Tracking Nostro account transactions, preparing detailed reports on position of foreign currencies and forwarding the same to management.
• Cementing healthy relationship with client by ensuring high level of customer service and delivering their requirements as per the Service Level Agreements.
• Administering all key functions related to brokerage payables, both cash and options.
• Approving Brokerage payments across globally.
• Ensuring clients are settled funds on a timely manner.
• Handling conference call with clients and also with brokers for quick resolution of trade discrepancies and other major issues.
• Addressing issues escalated by the front end team and resolving them at the earliest possible time.
• Generating MIS reports with critical data and submitting to the higher management on a regular basis for facilitating crucial decision making.
• Cementing healthy relationship with client by ensuring high level of customer service and delivering their requirements as per the Service Level Agreements.
• End to end processing of entire corporate action cycle from its (coupon/dividend) announcement in the market, calculation of entitlement considering ex-date, reconciliation of entitled positions as of record date, liaising with counterparties/clients for agreement and receiving/paying the entitled coupon and finally handling NOSTRO management.
• Managing, chasing and working with agents (Euroclear/DTC/CBL) for smooth application of funds and also auto-compensations.
• Aggressively chasing the clients for aged and high value breaks which have significant PnL impact and raising this to risk management team and book runners.
• Managing risk proactively by timely response to sensitive/priority clients, raising alarm/escalating the critical issues in timely manner, while ensuring the confidentiality of client’s information.
• Ensuring smooth processing while keeping in mind the various CCY cut-offs and several checks before payments, closely work with settlements, NOSTRO, pairoff’s, collateral teams.
• Reporting weekly, monthly MIS reports highlighting the 30+ days aged, high value, sensitive clients’ breaks, issues which pose risk to the bank to senior management for immediate action so that risk can be hedged.
• Consistently put efforts to streamline the process and proactively taken steps in case of huge volumes, resiliency times so that BAU doesn’t get affected.
An experienced Business Analyst efficient in carrying out the responsibilities of Requirement Gathering, Decomposition and Analysis
Securities industry specialist with domain expertise in the areas of Equity
Ability to identify root causes and derive corrective actions to meet short and long term business requirements using resourceful approaches
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power point
Highly analytical in developing the methods and measures to meet requirements and solve any issues that arise during the project
Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models (Water Fall SDLC model, V model, spiral model)
Proven track record in maintaining successful client/customer interaction with an in-depth understanding of business-system’s functionality and technicality
Experience in creating and maintaining the Requirements definition documents that includes Business requirements Specifications and Functional requirements Specifications
Ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines and multiple projects effectively through a combination of business and technical skills
Performed planning and development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to meet product’s business requirements
Participated with the QA team in maintaining a hierarchy of requirements, Test cases and defects and user training with strong documentation skills
• Manage a team of 5 who handles the Fixed Income Corporate actions (Capturing events, Front office and Back office breaks, Market claims, Nostros and Depot breaks.
• Checking the Payable & Receivable claims across GML & GMF for all currencies. Ensuring all claims are chased as per given timelines. All >25 days claims / High value claims are chased so they do not spill in the Risk criteria of 30 days.
• Ensuring robust control on Incoming & Outgoing funds on Nostros. Everything over 7 days is investigated in detailed manner. Highlight the same if we do not have any other breaks to report in the Risk for over 7 days.
• Maintaining complete track as per the Risk profiles in to various Age buckets like Over 60, 30 to 60 & below 30 for amount greater than 500,000.
• Daily EOD check on all the Events processed during the day & Tasks around them.
• Monitor swift message for event notification (MT564, MT566 and MT568) and assign to team to process them.
• Allocate Client claims request within the team and validate Swift for Mt202 and Mt103 processed by team.
• Preparation of KPI & Capacity Model to reflect the Trends in volumes & also Stretch on a given day.
• Preparation of EOD mails which are useful for the Daily Risk call every morning. Daily hurdles to discuss any issues to be looked at & keep an interim watch on them.
• Handling escalations from counterparties and onshore teams if any.
BE MBA Finance with 4.5 years of Experience- Collateral Management/Portfolio Reconciliation
- On boarding and mapping of all banking and corporate
counterparties on Trioptima (reconciliation tool.)
- Handling portfolio reconciliation of clients and ensuring all
portfolios are reconciled as per the frequency.
- Monitoring and reporting all differences at both trade level and
portfolio level of greater than 10%.
- Investigating and resolving the trade discrepancies.
- Counterparty dispute resolution.
- Reporting daily Margin Calls status to the Global Heads of the
- Providing operational support through escalation of disputed
valuations and issues.
- Co-ordinating with all the global heads, middle office, valuations
team, IT team and global market operations team to make sure
issues, requests and queries are addressed and resolved.
- Providing logical solutions to the client queries.
- Handling follow up activities with the internal teams and clients to
fix the complex issues.
- Ensuring the company is compliant to EMIR and Dodd Frank
portfolio reconciliation requirements across various stakeholders.
- Assisting in preparing standardized set of daily reports (daily trade
breaks, control reports, global dispute report) to use in both EMIR
portfolio reconciliation and daily collateral management process.
-Training recruits on the collateral management process.
Human Resources Specialist | Karnataka | 2 Feb 2017
Flexible work time with occasional team outings
A typical day as usual would begin with assignment of help desk tickets and solving the oldest one first to follow the 24 hour response time frame.
I have experience in conducting a 1 hour induction session for the new employees, coordinating with their employment letters and employment data. Employee data management and advising them on the company policies mainly eligibility and criteria. Coordinating with the service certificates for the employees leaving the organization. Advising employees on the sodexo eligibility and criteria. And lastly coordinating with the second and third level t resolve help desk tickets.
Management was very supportive and helped me undergo many in house training to improve my skill set.
Team members especially the senior members have been a helping hand for any queries I had as a part of on the job training.
The hardest part of the job was when resolving issues of higher management where time was big concern for them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was there used to be many in house activities which was relaxing.
La mayor parte del trabajo es arreglar problemas de cliente. Porque la entidad en España tiene muchas carencias como BANCO.
Esto supone una dificultad grandísima a la hora de cumplir labores comerciales. La mayoría de las veces el banco no ofrece solución concreta a los empleados. Con lo que “nos vamos buscando la vida” hasta llegar al compañero que sí sabe la solución. Insisto, ese es el 80% de trabajo de un día. Arreglar problemas. Sin embargo los comerciales, según directrices de la empresa, deben estar visitando y captando clientes y negocio. Lo cual es incompatible con la realidad de las oficinas. Mantener los clientes con los recursos que DB ofrece a los clientes lleva mucho tiempo y esfuerzo. Y a los clientes en potencia es muy difícil captarlos dada la competencia que hay hoy por hoy con respecto a la banca actual. Deutsche Bank esta a años luz de estar a la altura de cualquier banco de España con respecto a recursos para empleados y facilidades tecnológicas para clientes (la app es de la Edad Media, hay q usar 2 apps para operar)
SUELDO: ridiculo para el nivel de exigencia si eres de nueva contratación. Y además hay una presión extra: no vas a estar seguro de q puedas continuar trabajando. Siempre bajo el yugo de que tú finiquito es asumible por la empresa.
AMBIENTE LABORAL: viciado. En España es un banco pequeño. Todo el mundo conoce a todo el mundo. Y no son “muchos” empleados. Los que llevan más de 7/8 años ya están muy muy quemados.
MAYOR DESVENTAJA: el banco n
ProsAlgún descuento en seguro médico privado
ConsMal ambiente. Mal sueldo. Presión absurda (apagando fuegos siempre)
Deutsche Bank is by far the Best Company to work for
My day started when I left home between 6.30 and 8am, depending on the traffic reports. On a bad day, it could take up to three hours to get from Springs to Sandton. My day ended once all my daily duties were completed, which could be anything from 6 - 9pm and over month end even later. Deadlines were non negotiable, and had to be met. I learnt that planning was absolutely necessary, and had too be implemented and followed on a daily basis. Details to attention was drilled into me, and became a way of life. Working with people and managing people was extremely interesting. Due to the diversity in the company, I learnt how to manage conflict situations and did a few courses on conflict management. Deutsche promotes studying and training and in my 15 years I took full advantage of it, doing various Accounting, Accounts Payable, Business Management courses. I also started my BCom degree though UNISA, but due to extremely long working hours, and travelling did not manage to complete by degree. Recognition of performace is high on their radar, and promotion is given fairly. The only negative I can comment on is the way mangement do not communicate straight down the line. Too much information is swept under the carpet, and only bits and peices are comminicated to staff. This is sad as so many employees have commented on this, but no one is brave enough to actually say something. The hardest part of my job was the unnecessary stress due to long hours. The long hours was in turn due
Prosexcellent canteen, excellent perks, great opportunities
Very pleasant work environment.Personal enrichments.
My first job consisted of regular and initial reviews delegated to COB. In accordance with the DB Group-KYC policy it was my responsibility to undertake regular reviews of existing relationships, to ensure that information held in the file remains current and accurate. Types of reviews: Initial review- regular review-PEP reviews. This part of the job was the most enjoyable part because I had a close contact with client.
After six months I was transferred to COB team where I was responsible for: No contact anymore with the customers. We ahd to be neutral.This was for me the most difficult part of the job because I love contact with clients.I had only a computer to talk to.
Static Data processing DBI- outsourced to TCS Bangalore
My main reasonability’s were:
Customer and account openings: check all opening documents for plausibility and completeness, and to perform necessary controls: Money Laundering checks, PCR checks, embargo checks, PEP checks during opening of accounts. If there was a suspicion of the accuracy of any relevant document we had to transfer those to the compliance department.
Closing of accounts upon client’s request
Input of account margin rates, FX- rates interest rates (external and internal), billing with all relevant static date like transaction type, customer conditions etc…
The day to day scanning of incoming documents for customer files.
The account maintenance: verification of signature/authentication and authorization.
Set up signature attestation of
During my time at Deutsche BankI had 3 separate roles : Internal Audit / Credit Risk Management and Training Designer, Developer and Deliverer.
Being a member of the senior management team and having over 50 people to manage globally, my day often started before I physically went to the office, with international phone calls.
Being part of the management team I had several responsibilities: direct report management, interface with fellow managers, coverage of certain key performance indicators and interface with external auditors and bank examiners; amongst others.
In this role I learnt to manage my time efficiently, make sure my calendar was completed and I made all efforts to prioritize my daily responsibilities.
I developed the ability to ensure delegating certain projects or task to direct reports, participate in divisional special projects and make sure that I developed my performance skills and expose my talents to bank wide initiatives for continued and developmental exposure to other senior bankers outside of my division and deepen my brand and image within the bank.
Work place culture included a mandate to know the key players globally. This required frequent travel and attendance at global conferences.
The hardest part of the job was making sure my team was recognized by key players globally in order to secure their professional development and advancement within the bank.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of task and peo
ProsTravel and good bonuses
ConsWorking in global time frames / systems /change management
Executive Administrative Assistant | New York, NY | 27 Sep 2012
Productive, professional, polished, and exciting workplace
A typical day at work would be me coming in, checking my emails and checking our general email that contains our appraisal files. This mail box has to be monitored daily for updates and time sensitive appraisals. If there are appraisals that need to be distributed to our internal appraisers, I print, save, and assign. I also maintain our group database with all of the appraisal files and appraisal values.
I review what expenses need to be paid and assure that I have all documents in order for them to be paid. Throughout the day the appraisers give me contracts that I send out to external appraisers that are requests from our underwriting and deal team. These contracts can either go out nationally or internationally. There are a lot of adhoc assignments throughout the day as well.
I work independently with minimum to no supervision. I would say being able to work on my own is the most enjoyable part of my job. Its helps me to prioritize and allows for me to feel very responsible.Everyone is mostly busy throughout the day, so there isn't very much time for socializing but my coworkers are very pleasant. During my tenor at a previous company that dealt with default mortgages, I was a team leader. If I had to say that there was a con to working here, I'd say not being a team leader and helping my other team mates by sharing my skill and knowledge would be one.
The hardest part of my job was when I first started. I was basically thrown into the position with no training, so I ha
Prosbenefits, bonuses, free dinner after hours, education sponsorship and free car service
Deutsche Bank, Corporate Security, Research Analyst, Protective Intelligence, London
My daily work:
2008 – 2009
• Researched open source information and content vendor information pertaining to threat impact on DB, e.g. kidnapping (Brazil), social unrest (Thailand), power outages (South Africa), militant raids on oil / gas pipelines (Nigeria), business ethics (Russia), pandemics and other threat issues.
• Analyzed information on threats concentrating on the UK, Middle East and Russia and to assist a lead intelligence analyst in compiling data.
• Reported to the Head of Intelligence-Analysis and the Head of Collections.
• Worked according to the CIA - standard guidelines - in the collection and analysis of information.
• Conduct background research on economic and commercial topics of importance to DB.
• Assisted with the editorial and production of monthly interdepartmental intelligence reports.
• Available to attend relevant conferences and meetings to collect against requirements.
I learned about situational awareness in travel risks in different countries from intelligence sources.
Management and my co-workers were experts in their fields.
Everyone worked in a team and trusted one another.
The hardest part of the job was having to write multiple reports and research them at the same time in an hour and a half and keeping the reports to a page and a half.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning what is intelligence i
ProsUsing my geopolitical interests as part of my work.
A good insight about banking products and services
Preparation of annual accounts for different types of Funds (Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds of Funds, Real Estate Funds) in accordance with required accounting framework (Mainly, Luxembourg GAAP & IFRS) and any required disclosures notes,
Generate and maintain on timely basis the general ledger of funds within my portfolio based on quarterly or monthly valuation of the Fund. Fund information are analysed and process after receipt from the General Partner, Custodian, Brokers and any other relevant third parties. The general ledgers and investors reporting are derived from accounting system.
Calculate and record management and performance fees
Reconcile cash balances open positions to the Fund’s internal schedule and brokerage or custodian statements to be submitted to the investment advisor or stakeholders,
Prepare year end audit paper work package and coordinate with auditors. Deutsche Bank fund accounting services have been tested and documented in SAS 70 Type II audit.
Allocate income, losses, expenses and distributions among the investors in accordance with the Fund issuing documents,
Calculate the investor capital or holding balance in accordance with the Fund issuing documents,
Preparation of monthly or quarterly Net Asset Value (NAV) pack and reporting account to investors and publication on a secure web based data room
Maintain original subscription documents and investor correspondence received
Coordinate and process capital calls and
Questions And Answers about Deutsche Bank
How are the working hours at Deutsche Bank?
Asked 28 Apr 2017
9 hours in day and Half hour lunch break an govt holidays
Answered 7 Aug 2019
9 hours a day with 1 hour lunch break.
6 days working better...Other public holidays and per the norms.
Answered 12 Apr 2019
What questions did they ask during your interview at Deutsche Bank?
Asked 18 Mar 2017
Frist they ll ask tell about u r slef and family background an previous job
Answered 7 Aug 2019
My skill to the most benefit of the organization being a good team player with high level of movtivation and sincerity .
Answered 6 Mar 2019
What is interview process like at Deutsche Bank?
Asked 18 Mar 2017
Apptitude test followed by technical and HR interview.
Answered 30 Apr 2019
Online shortlisting the resume. May be group discussion. Through personal interview.
Answered 22 Jul 2018
Does Deutsche Bank require background check? What kind of background check does Deutsche Bank do and how long does Deutsche Bank take to complete a background check?
Asked 28 Apr 2017
Yes it is required
Answered 14 Jun 2018
Deutsche bank only require original documents for back ground check.
Answered 11 Jan 2018
What is salary of operations manager
Asked 21 Apr 2017
Answered 9 Apr 2019
Salary for operation manager is roughly 5,00,000 per annum.