Around 9 years of IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
Hands on Experience in installing, configuring, creating, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting SQL Server 2005, 2008 databases in both Physical and Virtual environments.
Installed Cumulative Updates and service packs for various versions of SQL Servers.
Experience in implementing a perfect backup strategy for the organization.
Upgraded SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases to higher versions 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.
Hands on experience with SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
Experience in Data transfer and Transformation using tools like DTS, BCP, Bulk Insert & SSIS.
Extensive experience with SQL Performance tuning and transactions analysis, thorough understanding of indices and statistics.
Strong experience in database Backup, Restore and Recovery procedures.
Hands on experience and knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including Replication, SQL Server Clustering, Log Shipping & Database Mirroring.
Experience in using Performance Monitor/Profiler to resolve Dead Locks/Long running queries.
Experience in Supporting Very Large Databases & Troubleshooting the problems.
Experience with analyzing query plans, managing indexes and locks, troubleshooting blocking/ deadlocks.
Excellent communication, analytical,
During my tenure at KPMG, my primarily job role as a team member on various consulting assignments across India and Africa was to work with middle and lower level client management on improving their business processes. This involved extensive meetings with clients to understand their business and operational processes, either related to the entire organization or a specific function within an organization. I then analyzed the business process, applying quantitative analysis where possible and provided recommendations on how the process could be improved in order to achieve the output in a more efficient manner. Additionally, I also worked with clients on setting up entire departments within their organization. This taught me how to think about a business issue in a structured manner. Further, it gave me an in-depth view into the complexities of organizations and how business processes fit into the bigger picture. Through these projects, my data analysis skills were strengthened. I learnt how to use Excel and Access to analyze large amounts of data and provide relevant output. Furthermore, I developed excellent client management skills through the combination of meeting deadlines and client commitments. This also strengthened my business communication skills and I developed the ability to be clear and concise while communicating in a professional environment.
When I was not working on client assignments, I worked with KPMG senior management on their business development init
Proschallenging work, travel, support, strong training
1. Have been working in Indirect Taxes with Deloitte and KPMG, Bangalore for over 5 years. The responsibilities include advising clients on the entire range of Indirect Taxes apart from the provisions of the SEZ law and the Foreign Trade Policy.
2. Opinions on specific queries that are posed by the clients on matters pertaining to the entire range of indirect taxes apart from SEZ laws and Foreign Trade Policy.
3. Have been involved in DDRs relating to M&A transactions.
4. Have also been a part of the litigation practice in Deloitte and assisted the immediate manager for representing clients before Authorities / Courts at all levels from the Assistant Commissioner to the CESTAT encompassing drafting reply to Show cause Notices, preparation of appeal memorandum etc.
5. Assistance in Customs classification, VAT classification, determination of rates of duties, SABRIX (ERP) implementation from the tax perspective for one of the largest computer manufacturers in the world.
6. Assistance in Customs classification, advisory and litigation for two of the largest retail chains in India.
7. Advised clients for complying with the statutory requirements prescribed under the customs regulations with respect to import and export of goods.
8. Performed compliance assignments encompassing, entry and exit of STPI units, Service tax registration, preparation and review of Service tax return, excise return and VAT return (12 States).
9. Extensive personal interaction with statutory
Very challenging and a mix bag of all you can think of
Working with KPMG has been extremely interesting. During the 4 years of my work life there, i was involved with a number of project and assignments. During my first 3 months of being in the organisation I was involved in a pilot project to help set up a new team along with my regular job responsibilities. My efforts were rewarded with the " Rising star award". I was responsible for a small team of 5 graduates working towards audits of Banks in the UK, which i was able to grow to 15 and then eventually 40 people within the next one year, with 5 CAs reporting into me. I was already performing a role my level for which i was given the highest rating in the organisation of "1", I also was promoted to Assistant Manager that year. My responsibilities grew with me being involved in setting up a new team from scratch in a new geographic location , which i was able to accomplish successfully in the stipulated time period. All through the period i was involved with various other projects like creating training modules to acquaint the new recruits to our organisation. I was also involved with imparting technical audit training as well as soft skills training across levels ( from graduates to CAs ) and were always rated a "1" by Learning and development and the trainees alike. For the past two years i have been working towards audit of large corporate and went on a 3 month assignment to UK to in-charge the audit of a world tobacco giant. I have enjoyed every bit of my work and it taught
Finalization of accounts, checking the presentation per accounting standards, disclosures as per UK GAAP and relevant KPMG templates.
Finalization of accounts, checking the presentation per accounting standards, disclosures as per UK GAAP and relevant KPMG templates.
Working paper presentation as a part of audit documentation.
A part of financial services (Corporate team) facilitating audit of Holland clients-Philips, Wolters Vessels, Allianz, Syntrus, etc.
Checked the grouping /mapping of various accounts heads from trial balance to financial statements and notes from the point of view of financial disclosure as per the accounting standards.
As a part of Audit programme, per the standard methodology (KAM) audited cash/bank cycles, accounts receivables cycle and Journal testing for any misstatements.
Well versed with concepts of audit materiality and using IDEA to perform MUS.
Responsible for managing 5 people in teams and resolving their doubts and responsible for first level review.
Audit of Pension Funds from Netherlands: Financial statement analysis, routine substantive and controls based audit testing for the funds operating in Holland
Performing substantive audit procedures for clients primarily based in Holland.
Consistency and authenticity check of financial statements.
From the point of view of financial disclosure as per the accounting standards, checked the grouping /mapping of various accounts heads from trial balance to financial statements and notes.
Giving training and coaching to new members.
Mentoring and imparting process training for new recruits
Summer Associate (Transaction and Restructuring Services) June-Aug 2014
• Worked directly in two deals, including buy-side and sell-side M&A, equity and debt financings; prepared valuation analyses and merger models and slide presentations through regular meetings with senior associates and one director
Potential 6M$ Acquisition for a market leader in Consumer Markets
• Researched 100 acquisition targets in the consumer retail industries and narrowed list down to 10 companies using financial criteria such as revenue growth, EBITDA margins and EV/EVITDA multiples for the strategic market leader
• Prepared valuation using public company comparables, precedent transactions and DCF; analysis showed the potential
target for acquisition was overvalued by 15% and was successfully used for negotiations to reduce asking price to 1M$
• Worked with senior associates to create 5-year financial projections using income and market approach for concentrating on the core profitable arm
• Helped in the divestment of the cold storage division, attracting 24.5M$ from a private equity partner and helped the company in becoming the market leader in cold chain industry
friendly environment , made me feel comfortable , people were willing to share their experince and knowledge
Was my first job ever in the industry, so it was intimidating at the beginning because there were people who worked in the industry for a really long time and were really knowledgable as well. But, they made me feel so comfortable and within a short span i was able to ask ask even trivial quesions without feeling stupid. Such kind of attitude had made me learn a lot. My work was to shadow the experinced auditors to the client's location and i was allowed to do back end analysis of their reports. I learnt what an Auditor would do on a daily basis, how they handle their clients, how well they respected their jobs and never did they complain about travelling. Hardest pasrt of the job for me was to understand someone else's documentation. Most enjoyable was working with my team members. They were so welcoming , i learnt a lot from them and we had a lot of team activities as well.
Prosgood work enironment, buddy system until you get familiar with the office, group activities
Consgot to see a little bit of politics, but it does exist everywhere i guess
I am working with offshore practice of KPMG, which provides support to the KPMG team (onshore) based-out in another country. Onshore team is the team which actually deals with the client and offshore team get their tasks on daily basis from the onshore team. Offshore team is just a helping hand to onshore team. At most of the times offshore teams gets task which are more tedious and clerical in nature.
If you are newly qualified Chartered Accountant than you should never join offshore teams as your first job. You may have feeling that your degree is of no value and even a graduate can perform the task which i am doing here.
However, if you have prior experience of client facing practice and looking for more settled life, than this is the place, where you get good remuneration along with work-life balance.
No hectic routines, no travel, no late sitting, no pressure for tight deadlines are the advantages of joining offshore practice.
P.S - Be wise and choosy while joining these organisation if this is your first job.
Marketing Communications Manager | Delhi, Delhi | 3 Nov 2012
A local organisation with somewhat global flavor
I reiterate what has been mentioned in my profile :
End to End Strategic Marketing & Communication program management (planning and execution) for the Risk Consulting practice considering the business objectives
Budget Preparation and management
Work with KPMG Global teams and execute global communication/ marketing programs also maintaining Global policies and guidelines
Internal Branding - planning and execution
Internal Stakeholder Management (With Internal teams across India)
Internet and Intranet content update
Capturing the right market space and keeping a tab on the market (Partcipation in the right forums – Events/ social & digital space)
Work with the PR agency and PR team on various media planning and launches ( Print, Digital and Social channels)
Driving selected Client Management and CSAT Programs
Sales Support – Proposals, Credential development, pitch pack, lead monitoring
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service.
My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had strong IT skills, I didn’t have any previous experience of Microsoft Access. When my employer introduced a new order management system which used Access they gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work effectively with this. I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I am now extremely adept at using the package.
Consam ready to extend my business hours if process or work required
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• SharePoint Administrator with 8+ years of work experience in design, installation, configuration, administration, supporting, upgrading, migrating, customization, development SharePoint solutions.
• Excellent understanding of SharePoint capabilities that meet business & collaboration goals.
• Analyzed and documented requirements for SharePoint sites taxonomy and governance.
• Developed Disaster Recovery strategies for SharePoint farm configuration.
• SharePoint Migration from 2007, 2010 to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
• Expert knowledge in troubleshooting SharePoint related issues, including end user support.
• Experience in Deployments like web parts, feature, solutions, template or custom workflows and content.
• Experience in implementing different authentication types in SharePoint 2013 like Kerberos and have good knowledge in Forms-based and SAML Claims based.
• Knowledge in SharePoint Object Model.
• Extensively worked with SQL server team in installing and configuring database clusters as well as Transaction Log Shipping of SharePoint Content Databases.
• Responsible for ensuring high availability, scalability, Server Health and performance.
• Responsible for solving a variety of user problems relating to the authentication, permissions, application access, usage and functionality.
• Extensively used InfoPath forms to interact with Web Services and Excel Services.
• Configuration on SharePoint 2010 Migration
Ensuring that partners are aware of meetings for the day by phone call or sms. Ensuring that meeting are not double booked. Ensure that the partner is informed of changes in the diary. Ensuring that meeting rooms have all the facilities and that the equipment is working eg. Conference phones, projector. Ensure that the room is presentable to receive guests. Being proactive by printing out agendas, previous minutes, etc. Allow for adequate travel time in the diaries if the meeting is external.Ensure all catering requirements are met for meetings / workshops. Ensure that diaries are always up to date. Ensure I meet with partners in the morning to go through the weekly and daily activities.Ensuring partners inbox is never undeliverable and always clear out all the mail that is not required.
Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues. Making use of a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, etc., and making sure it is KPMG compliant. Ensure when typing of documents that I have proof read and making sure that there are no spelling errors. Ensure proper grammar has been used. Making sure that the document is KPMG compliant. Making sure that the document is presentable. Making sure that time is chargeable.
Making sure that time is entered correctly with correct project codes when submitting. Making sure all expenses is captured correctly.
Ensure that expenses are allocated to the correct project co
KPMG is the best environment to grow a career regardless of the division or unit you find yourself.
I started as an IT Helpdesk officer and I can tell you that I worked on more than enough laptops/servers than most of my other colleagues ion other organization. In the beginning, we had about 700 users, close to 1000 computers and 20 servers. Currently, the users have grown to 1500, about 2000 computers and 50 servers (VM inclusive).
We are a global firm and our IT infrastructure is line with Global trends and policies. We are involved in more than 10 IT projects yearly ( Removable Media Encryption, Workforce Enablement Programs - involves upgrade to Windows 7 SP1, IE 10, Office 2013, Lync, etc) across the office (please note that our users are very mobile, they are usually on client sites and we must not default on global timelines).
I also manage the SCCM Server, which means all upgrades are downloaded and applied by me, I ensure all servers and computers are adequately patched (Security Patches) on a monthly basis ( Global have issued 100% compliance and Audit Team check quarterly to ensure compliance). I ensure all computers have CCM client so that they can report to the server. I have been involved in Global Desktop Image Engineering for x32 and x64 bits machines.
As the Information Security Officer, I roll out Security Awareness Campaigns on a bi-monthly basis ( covers Social Engineering, Phishing, Protecting Confidential Information, Traveling abroad and Co
KPMG as a whole excellent, not all practices LoBs are created equal
i'm no doubt sure than the company as a whole operates more efficiently and effectively than my specific practice did, though i'm sure there are some themes in particular places
* company "prestige and reputation"--makes you an attractive job applicant/search candidate
* structured get to know the company orientation WBT "training"
* easy to navigate org design/structure practice area (helps to understand biz unit functions)
* true attempt at providing training and "development?" opportunities
* advisory (can't speak for tax and audit or other advisory LoS outside P&C) orientation university sets a decent grounding for learning
* networking is encouraged (also after hours which isn't always a plus for everyone) and events are actually set up to facilitate it. i believe part of it is the drive to push business development down but you NEED business development for success here (its a partner firm) even for your staffing
* clear succession path levels (doesn't mean you'll make it--you better have partners gunning for you--but the path levels are clear)
* opportunity for travel if that appeals
* i don't know where to start so all i will say is that the people and change practice office in NYC is lead by a partner who is notorious for favoritism, shunning, and exclusion for talent that doesn't fit the "desired" profile. i saw more focus placed on glitzy PPT presentations than meaningful talent content
* terrible terrible onboarding experience beyond the
Prosprestige and reputation, structured orientation, networking opportunity
Productive, learning and motivating workplace to be.
KPMG Sierra Leone is a member firm of KPMG International, and provides comprehensive services of audit, accounting, tax, and management consulting in a variety of sectors.
KPMG also provides a wide range of consulting services including, organization development, financial management systems, information technology, manpower training and development, transport and communication, cost control, health care, executive recruitment and search and remuneration and benefit planning.
Our consultants are widely experienced and have been employed in government, industry, and academic life before entering the field of Consultancy. Our consulting division also has the advantage of drawing on the resources of experienced professionals within the general practice division of the firm.
We at KPMG Sierra Leone combine our knowledge of local conditions with the experience and skill that a major accounting firm such as ours can offer, to provide our clients, both national and international, with first class professional services.
At KPMG Sierra Leone, every day was a learning process and the management and staffs were a motivating factor especially for me to be steadfast and be more proactive in the job.
KPMG gives priority to recruiting and training. Their trainee accountants are mostly university graduates, many of them with accounting degrees and I was one of the graduates. All graduates complete a structured training programme which combines practical work experience with an exten
This review is in regards to the EMC team.
From the first day to my last day, I suffered while working at the downtown Los Angeles location. I remember that on my first day, the first thing my boss told me while walking up to meet her was "oh Jesus Christ" for no reason at all. Well, that was a warm welcome. I was always made to feel that I was unwelcomed at the company and I am not sure why. No matter how much I put in terms of effort, I was always told some nonsense of how I could better do things. I would get stared at randomly with no effort to conceal it. I felt that some individuals were doing their best to get me fired. So much was the discomfort that I eventually had to talk with the Human Resources which led me to leaving the position.
The training was abysmal. Training was a by-product of people's schedule. If there was time on their schedule for training, then there will be training. There was no training for itself. While in training, nothing was formal or organized. You just had to shadow fellow employees which was not the best way to go about this because of the nature of the position. Absolutely no manuals were given as a reference. You had to rely on asking questions to your peers.
The company atmosphere was infected with the attitude of "I got hired here so I am awesome". Too many people had an inflated sense of themselves. Efforts were made to "prove" how they are better than you. If you made any attempt to seem intelligent about anyt
Вкратце о моей истории:
Чтобы вы понимали, сейчас заканчиваю бакалавриат топ-3 экономических вузов Москвы с красным дипломом, помимо этого училась за границей в течение полугода(поступив на бюджет), отлично владею английским, имею годовой опыт работы и являюсь далеко не глупым человеком.
Откликнувшись на хедхантере на вакансию стажера в департамент консалтинга , со мной связалась HR и скинула онлайн-тест(английский+математика). После успешного прохождения теста был следующий этап - решение кейса ( в моем случае попросили сделать презентацию, в которой нужно было провести анализ компании). После выполнения задания, через два дня со мной снова связалась HR и попросила записать видео-интервью (вопросы больше мотивационного типа, а также на знание индустрии, в которой мне предстояло работать).
Итак, все перечисленные этапы пройдены, после чего HR приглашает на собеседование к ним в офис. Приезжаю за 10 мин и ожидаю менеджера. Он опоздал на 20 минут, попросил рассказать о себе, опыте работы и задал пару вопросов относительно презентации, не спросив ничего насчет знания английского(в вакансии они строго требовали уровень Advanced). Все собеседование длилось буквально минут 20-30 ,я абсолютно не нервничала (тк имею опыт прохождения собеседований) и была уверена, что собеседование прошло хорошо. Особенно после того, когда менеджер в конце нашего диалога сказал, что рассчитывает увидеть меня в их команде и что ему очень понравилась моя презентация.
Последним этапом (казалось б
Information security advisory engagements for clients in Financial Services, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, ISP and the Public Sector.
- Implementation of Information security management systems based on ISO/IEC 27001 standard for IT operations, Data Centre, Software development, outsourced service and supporting functions including gap analysis and pre-certification audits.
- Develop and Review Information Security policies, procedures and guidelines in order to bring them up to the ISO/IEC 27001 standard level, provide guidelines on backups, recovery procedures, business continuity planning (BCP) as well as Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP).
- Conducted Reviews of Disaster recovery and Data center sites and provided recommendations to improve their existing Environment.
- Development of Information Security Risk Assessment & Risk Treatment Plans.
- Conducting Internal and External Vulnerability assessments & penetration testing for IT Infrastructures.
- Conducting Web Application & Mobile Application Security Reviews.
- Provide consultancy services in order to enable the client to bolster their front-line defense of networks and protect information from unauthorized access and violations.
- Reviewing of Database configuration checks such as database architecture, data structures, and tables as well as reviewing Administrative controls.
- Conducting Network Devices, Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls, and Server Security Configuration & network architecture reviews.
- Assessment of Network infrastructures and making recommendations on network performance, capacity planning, and hardware sizing and
1.) Job Work/Life Balance : good news is there is no more busy-season, bad news is that that is due to being busy all year. You'll still be slammed Jan - April, but expect your May - September to be busy and your Nov - Dec to clash with holiday plans. Expect to work 1 - 2 weekends during non- busy season months. Additionally, due to the negative press; expect to spend 10-20 hours a month on mandatory audit quality training.
2.) Salary/Benefits : KPMG admits that they trail the other big four firms. They are attempting to remedy the situation. However, with the announcement to drop consulting work for audit clients, I believe they'll use that as an excuse to flat-line salaries. Lobby hard to get a better starting salary. They need you more than you need them.
3.) Job Security : good news is you'll be relatively safe, bad news is that is because they can't afford to lose anymore staff. Same goes for advancement, great opportunity from all the turnover. However, staff have continually refused promotions to ensure their resignation period stays at a shorter period and/or to avoid the pain they see seniors in.
4.) Management (Directors and above): I have no idea what they are doing besides overselling their practices. To be fair, that's not a bad thing if they implemented an effective staffing plan, but they haven't. They are very disconnected from their staff and will stroll by the staff rows on their way out at 5pm. That said; it's a mixed bag on knowledge and helpfulness
Questions And Answers about KPMG
Why did you leave your job at KPMG Global Services?
Asked 19 Mar 2017
Better growth opportunities
Answered 7 Apr 2019
Get knowledge and experience in a company working place..
Answered 1 Oct 2018
What is the company culture at KPMG?
Asked 22 Feb 2017
Not so good place to work.
Infrastructure is very low standard.
Not so good facility
Fun events are not so up to the mark
Answered 4 Apr 2019
Great culture of your company's
Answered 24 Aug 2018
For associate consultant is experience needed or freshers can also apply
Asked 6 May 2017
Freshers can apply, provided they are post-graduates
Answered 30 Nov 2018
Freshers degree of BE mechanical
Answered 24 Aug 2018
If you were to leave KPMG, what would be the reason?
Asked 21 Mar 2017
Old employees do politics within the team & biased behavior of seniors
Answered 4 Apr 2019
Answered 7 May 2017
What would you suggest KPMG management do to prevent others from leaving?
Asked 19 Mar 2017
1) make it into 2 shift time or
2)Make payment for the extra hour.