• Coordinating (Identifying the new route, Vendor management, Material management and Liaison with Government officials for ROW) and Evaluating (Having sound knowledge of Trenching (Open/HDD/Stress Boring), Ducting, Blowing, Splicing & Testing) the new project route “NLD 96F”-1000KM.The standards and norms were verified before taking over for maintenance.
• Handling about 3000Kms comprising of both IRU ( Railtel, Bharathi & Aircel) and Build routes (TTSL).
• Handling a team of about 35 members 7 engineers and 2 Fiber Restoration (FRT) Team and 2 Operation and Maintenance (O& M) Team to ensure the Preventive & Proactive Maintenance of the OFC route& POP sites with 100% uptime by coordinating with NOC and equipment vendors.
• I have been worked in the NOC Operations for NLD networks, India.
• Ensure regular reporting on key service performance and quality metrics (in relation to incident management)
• Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk and customers
• Responsible for identifying, investigating and managing Incidents , ensuring that follow up actions are performed, manage Major Service Outages through to conclusion, keeping all relevant parties appraised of the situation and escalating as appropriate
• Support the Network Assurance Manager and the Service Operations Manager as required.
• Produce incident and service reporting to required standard.
• Communicate outages according to management and customer requirements.
• Closure of Incident records and su
• Worked with GNS-CAM Team on Live Darshan Project, where our work deals with establishing the broadcasting units install at various area all over India.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting broadcasting Encoders, media server like, patch Upgradation, create publishing point on media server as per partner requirement and share the details with partner.
• Configuring and installing all various types of broadcasting unit like Niagara Pro-II dual channel Encoder, Digital rapid DRC 2600 encoder, touch--stream, flash media encoder etc.
• Giving technical support remotely with onsite engineer for resolving all types of technical issues related with software’s, profile installation, network, antivirus update, connectivity issue, login issue, windows OS issue, etc.
• Experience in Networking, utilize technical skills and problem resolving abilities to assess end user needs. Coordinate with networking support team to ensure the network connectivity. Coordinating with vendors for networking components to ensure reliable connectivity of network and provide basic.
• Coordinating with feedback Italia Technical team for installing Eassymeeting server at LVSB. Major part in installing and configuring admin setup for Easymeeting server like Network configuration, SMTP port relay open relay issue, firewall issue, and coordinating with MSOC and Network team.
• Worked as Senior Technical support engineer for handling major issue, customer escalations and requirement, report maintained and t
Tata Communications is a global company with its roots in the emerging markets. Headquartered in Mumbai and Singapore, it has more than 8,000 employees across 38 countries. The $3.2 billion company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and is the flagship telecoms arm of the $103.3 billion Tata group.
$3.2 billion in annual revenue in FY13-14 with 77% of this revenue generated outside of India
Over 8000 employees globally, 30% of which are located outside India with over 40 nationalities
Largest wholesale voice carrier carrying 53 billion minutes of wholesale voice traffic annually – that’s 1 in 10 voice calls globally
1,600 telcos use our network to connect to you (70% of the world’s mobile network operators)
World’s largest wholly owned submarine fibre network – more than 500,000 kilometres of subsea fibre, and more than 210,000 kilometres of terrestrial fibre
Only Tier-1 provider that is in the top five in five continents, by internet routes
Over 24% of the world’s internet routes are on Tata Communications’ network
400+ PoPs reach more than 200 countries and territories
44 data centres and colocation centres with over one million square feet of space
7,600 petabytes of internet traffic travel over the Tata Communications’ internet backbone each month
15+ terabits/s of international bandwidth lit capacity
• Managing Intelsat IDR carriers, HDTV/OUTV transmission and Inmarsat Satellite mobile Operations.
• Monitoring Intelsat, Inmarsat and HDTV carriers on Spectrum Analyzer and taking out Plots.
• Configuration, Troubleshooting & Monitoring of Modems, Up Converters, Down Converters, HPA, Antenna Control Unit and Other RF equipments.
• Coordinating with IOC, Distant End Earth Stations and other internal concerned departments for Intelsat IDR carriers fault rectification or SSOG of new IDR carriers commissioning/Benchmarking.
• Maintaining and troubleshooting the SS#7 link, Maintenance of switch and Telephony interface.
• Analyzing Inmarsat mobiles call Data Records and taking suitable actions to minimize call failures.
• Generating different types of reports for inmarsat call data analysis and system performance.
• Conducting LRIT testing for Inmarsat C terminals.
• Commissioning / Decommissioning & Barring / Unbarring of Inmarsat Mobile Terminals.
• Operation and maintenance of Inmarsat VAS server for Telex /FAX/EMAIL service through Inmarsat mobiles.
• Provide HDTV transmission via Intelsat Satellite- Configuring HDTV equipments, monitoring Carrier level and HDTV transmission Quality. Coordinating with IOC for carrier level bench marking and Customer for transmission quality.
• Level 2 troubleshooting of Enterprise customer circuit for different services and the customer SLA are maintained (VPN,SILL ,STDILL and Ethernet)
• Escalate issues to appropriate support organizations as required, as per documented guidelines and manage the cases to closure
• Fault Isolation & Troubleshooting for existing RF base stations & customer last mile within stipulated time period. Providing online support to Engineers for getting issue resolved
• Planning and execution of planned Events: Off-net to On-net migration for WiMAX Base Station Backhauls which include service migrations related to customer and network
• Trouble shooting problems related to the layer 2 and layer 3 services during migration
• Carrying Loop testing and troubleshooting to bring Backbone transmission circuits up during planned maintenances with the help of TX team
• Network Change Coordination and customer circuit Migration in Co-ordination with RFNOC, CMSOC, BOP and IPP
• Monitoring Metro POPs, 100 POPs, Optical Fiber rings, Switches and Wimax base stations using tools like NMS, WhatsUp Gold
• Monitoring and configuring MRTG of Backhaul for access switches and triggering the BW augmentation request with engineering team
• Working Knowledge of higher capacity Transmission circuits STM 1, STM 4, STM 16, and STM 64
Great experience and learning opportunity working with TCL
It was a great experience and learning opportunity working in the Planning and implementation team of Tata Communications Limited. I was first time dealing with Wireless networks and Wimax when i joined the wimax team.The seniors from other states of wimax team came to help me in first time installations and from them i have learned a lot about the field and also the implementation and testing of wireless links.I got the opportunity to get exposed to real-time installation of wimax equipments in cell sites.This includes the installation of equipments,powering it up ,connecting it to the existing network and testing the thrughput of the links. I have also got exposed to real-time problems and troubleshooting of given links in the field of RF and backhaul issues. They have given me ample oppotunity to learn about the network and to deal with it through out the entire state of Kerala,India and neighboring cities of border states.I got the opportunity to manage so many people under me in installation and testing which also given me great exposure to managing the time and people and finish the assignment in time.Overall, the experience and practical knowledge i got through them is tremendous and helping me also in doing my MS.
Part of the Project Implementation Management Team that handles the activities of commissioning and provisioning circuits in the network for the High Bandwidth orders.
Planning & Designing of the circuits are checked for their network feasibility and taking correct decisions in the case of any issue in the circuit.
Providing Circuits of NPLC, IPVPN QoS, EWL, IP Native/Connect and DIA.
Also providing circuits by using the third party like BT, Virgin Media & Kingston Communication.
Handling orders (including Project orders like VERIZON, ORANGE, STAR Technology) from end to end process.
Activation of Links (E1, DS3/E3 up to 1 Gige) between different equipments as per customer requirements.
Co-operating Engineers for testing the circuits end to end from the Network and Inventory management tools.
Commissioning of the circuits in the NMS of Nortel, Marconi, Alcatel Router & Adva.
Maintaining the track of orders daily in Microsoft Excel Sheet.
Preparing & Maintaining a MIS report for my whole Team of 20 members.
Generate a consolidated report monthly on the orders completed on a Monthly basis and also capable of handling 30 orders per month.
Tata Communications is an organization where an individual can get exposed to multiple technologies and earn a hands-on experience with the deployment and management. A typical day would always start with discussing on what are the different ways available to improve the quality of service provided to all the business clients and how it can be achieved on a daily basis. It would also include in planning and implementing more strategies on achieving customer satisfaction with respect to the services offered to them. The workplace culture is always friendly to move on and it takes very less time to get into a comfort zone with the organization heads. An individual is given freedom to think and put forward their ideology in improving the organizational standards. The most enjoyable part of the job is that an individual who is willing to learn new stuff gets a lot of opportunities spread across them and given freedom to choose what they want to.
ProsWork-Friendly environment, Hands-on experience with new technologies
Weedays @ office start with my daily assignments where all my works are assigned to me. Looking @ my work 1st thing that come to my mind is 100% SLA and 0% ACR. Everyday i try to complete my work as soon as possible with 100% quality. Rest time i spent to learn new things from my seniors or resolving issues that happen on my colleague's work. Few of my seniors were very good in excel so i learnt from them some excel tricks. whenever i come across a unknown issue i understand how to resolve it and then i tell it to all my colleagues, so that such issues can be handled in my absence also. Hardest part of my job is when i see that i took some measures to complete some daily work in minimum amount of time by creating some excel sheet and at end of day i find that none of my colleagues using that sheet even though sheet was approved by my seniors.
Most enjoyable part of job is when we get appropriations from clients and we celebrate that moments in office with my managers,seniors and DGMs.
Consshorts breaks, health tips, monthly check ups, good food
Very nice place to work.
Happy with the work and management.
I left the company because I got married and relocated.
Designation: Customer Service Executive
Responsibilities in Short:
• Worked on both copper and fiber cable networks.
• Responsible for testing and network provisioning whilst ensuring that all customer and network documentation is updated and maintained.
• Conceptualizing the network for PSTN, internet services (ADSL1, ADSL 2+), VOIP and ISDN for customers.
• Guiding the implementation for any new network update.
• Handle Exceptions & Perform Provisioning Tasks.
• Raise Faults and follow-up for the same.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with Operations and Customer Service teams in order to ensure that any impacts to provisioning activities that may result from fault rectification activities are managed.
• Handled a team of 16 associates for a year who report to me.
• Reporting the team’s progress to the management.
My Review for Partner Management position at Tata Communications Ltd.
My day starts with getting update from my team members located globally regarding the issues/problems that have occurred during the time I was away and how I can contribute to the resolution of those issues whether it's customer related, partner related or my internal team related and provide the customer with utmost service. It is a great team work and we work in collaborative mode even we're geographically dispersed. The overall function is to manage the vendor/partner relationship on day to day issues faced by our customers which are directly under the vendor shop. My management provide great support if there is any roadblock or barrier in overcoming the issue. The hardest part of the job is to get the things under control which is directly in hands of the vendors or their underlying providers and get the commitment from them on timely update and in parallel to be able to keep customer calm. Other part of my job is to streamlining the current processes and procedures and to develop new processes as needed as part of creating standard repository for best practices. SLA violations to be discussed with Vendors and claiming credits. As new vendors come onboard, define Service Level Agreement (SLA)s and working with Operations realization team to onboard the partner/vendor and testing of the process/procedures. During new product launch, creation of RACI model and adding new service features into the existing tool set to ensure the customers are supported, tickets are raised an
ProsGlobal presence, Company events
ConsLimited Career Advancement
Questions And Answers about Tata Communications
How are the working hours at Tata Communications?
Asked 2 May 2017
9am to 5pm
Answered 7 May 2022
Excellent ,from more work will get more experience,and more experience will get more interest to work ...
Answered 27 Nov 2019
What should you wear to an interview at Tata Communications?
Asked 26 Feb 2017
Just Simple dress with tay n wear shoes
Answered 27 Nov 2019
As per management decided n which is suitable on my post
Answered 27 Nov 2019
What is interview process like at Tata Communications?