• Overall responsibilities of independently handling the outsourced plant operations
• Computing the performance data across plant and benchmarking the best in class
• Coordinating with R&D team, new product concept, developing the process and helping to implementing new launches.
• Implementation of Quality systems e.g. HACCP, BRC Standards, HH pillar. Take lead in implementation of requirements of these systems.
• To work towards continuous improvement of product quality, food safety and plant/personal hygiene. Regular monitoring of process wastage and work to reduce the same to deliver raw material and packing material utilization above set standards
• Monitor plant downtime and work to reduce the same by focus on manpower availability, spares availability, preventive maintenance, etc.
• Responsible for innovation in formulation and packing and supporting R&D during trails.
• Development and training of people on the shop floor, manage 3 shift executives, one each in every shift.
• Regular review of plant performance, make action plans for continuous improvement of product quality, productivity, food safety, operating cost and coordinate with third party for implementation of these action plans.
• Regular interaction with raw material, packing material suppliers for timely feedback on supply/quality issues and resolve the same.
• Ensuring products are produced as per compliance with systems implementation like TPM
• Responsible for interacting with category co
A typical day at work - One or more of following activities –
Conceptualizing the design for a large green/ brown field project coming anywhere in the globe;
Organizing a training program in coordination with one or more of our global partners for (i) Unilever engineers or (ii) Our ESP Partners.
Stakeholder Management – Internal and/ or external – Presenting/ Appraising to higher Management;
Evaluation of a potential partner/ supplier for a Project and engaging into techno-commercial negotiations.
Participating in one of the following Design Engg. review workshops for any of the on-going Projects involving people of different nationalities, culture and native languages –
o Site Master Planning & Plant Layout review
o Process Control and Equipment layout review
o Process Hazop/ Safety review
o Cost Estimate review
o ManEx, Ergonomics & Maintainability review
o Hygiene Review
o Sustainability review
o Constructability & Schedule review
o Value Engineering
Conducting a virtual training session for 50+ odd participants from 20+ countries (all figures typical).
Conducting a F2F training / workshop somewhere around the globe for typically 20+ participants representing various Clusters/ Countries (some time with real-time multi-lingual audio translations).
Travelling – inter or cross-continent for attending to one or more of the above activities; or joining a telecom while waiting at one of the airport-lounges.
Hindustan Unilever Limited ( Unilever India ) is the biggest FMCG company in India with 4 major businesses viz. Refreshments , Foods, Home Care and Personal Care. This is a company which provides you a large variety of brands / products and several packaging formats/ distribution channels to work with. It is a very system and process driven company with the single minded focus on improving shareholder value by improving topline and bottomline through innovations , rennovations , value improvement and quality improvement. You get to work with some of the best talent in India in the fields of Sales / Marketing , Commercial , Supply Chain/ Supply Management and R&D. The tough part of the job is to navigate your projects through the various systems and processes whereas the enjoyable part is the exposure/ experience that you gain during the process.
ProsGreat people, great variety of experience / exposure.
ConsVery process driven which affects speed to market, Category / function driven.
Key Result Areas: Business Analysis, Change Management
• Managed global delivery model by communicating with multiple stakeholders across regions often with virtual team
• Synchronised and directed business requirement by conducting sessions with business users for reporting needs
• Elicited requirements by interviewing the users, conducting brainstorming sessions and prepare prototypes
• Document the ETL and report specifications as per the defined organization templates
• Assisted the technical team in converting the functional specifications into technical specifications
• Co-ordinated UAT sessions to ensure the requirement functionality is in accordance with the initial requirement
• Interacted with internal customers in identifying opportunities for automating the reporting solutions which resulted in decrease in head count and accurate reporting
• Assist the Change manager by managing and prioritizing the change requests and track till delivery
IT IS FUN WORKING HERE. I WISH THE CONTRACT WOULD BE EXTENDE BUT THE SALES ARE GROWING LOW NOW THAT WE HAVE REACHED TO MANY PEOPLE
I AM AN EARLY RISER MAKING SURE THAT EVERY MINUTE OF THE HOUR IS PUT INTO GOOD USE.
I HAVE LEARNT THAT FEAR KILLS MORALE. WE HAD TO PUT OUR TRUST ON WOMEN WHOM WE SAW AS UNABLE TO PAY FOR THE DEVICE AND WE ALSO ENCOURAGED THEM NOT TO FEAR.
I WORKED CORDIALLY WITH MY TEAM. NEVERTHELESS THERE WERE THOSE WHO DID NOT TEAMWORK AND I HAD TO HANDLE THEM .
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS HANDLING CASES OF UNFAITHFULNESS FROM MY TEAM. AT SOME POINT, OTHERS WOULD HOLD BACK MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS AND USE IT FOR THERE OWN PURPOSES. TRACKING THEM IN TIME WAS HARD BUT I MANAGED TO HOWEVER.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS DELIVERING THE DEVICES TO CUSTOMERS AND SEEING THEIR FACES GLOWING WITH JOY. I ALSO ENJOYED SEEING MY COLLAEQUES GET REWARDED FOR THEIR EFFORTS
ACHEIVEMENTS IN PURE IT WATER :
• Handling 120 Dealers and 2 KSPs with the monthly turn over of Rs:14 lakhs
• Giving 95 % bill prductive.
• Achieved Sales Target in each and every MOC.
• Conducted successful Concept Selling Meeting Days. And giving proper Sales Training .
• Keeping my Zone as NO: 1 in Chennai, and south regional
• Conducted Big Brand Activities such as Marvella OGT and Auto fill.
• Created good relationship with Govt and Non-Government Organizations.
• Conducted many Health Camps Tip up activities in my City.
ACHEIVEMENTS IN RS POINT :
Increased the Out Let Coverages.Won all Sales Contests.
Conducted Mega Display Contest for Marvella R.O.
Reduced the Wholesale Domination through proper Coverage.
Achieved huge sales through special launch of Marvella R.O.
Built Good relationship with all Wholesaler and Retailers.
My day is usually spread as below.
Engaging with business stakeholders in countries to review plans and progress on information & analytics capabilities from the perspective of project management and change management. Aligning on next steps and roles and action owners.
Secondly, working internally with various groups to deliver information and analytics deliverable's to business stakeholders in countries.
Plan and action on driving user adoption of capability rollouts in countries through effective change management practices leveraging sponsor and change agent networks.
Constantly looking out for opportunities to simplify the information and analytics landscape in countries by leveraging the global designs and ensuring optimal user adoption within budgets.
There's always something new to learn each day. Seniors are very helpful and encouraging, they often support us whenever we are in need. Managers improve the way of working and encourage creativity in work. Hard work never goes unappreciated here, and our time is valued by all. There are very less toxic employees here, mostly we have a great group of supporting colleagues. Often there is outbound and supplier visit which helps in socializing and better technical understanding. Overall, it's a wonderful place to work and grow in a career.
ProsA place to grow one's knowledge, there's no login/logout time, there's affordable lunch at the canteen, there are fun events and mental relaxation programs, once or twice a year we have an outbound.
ConsWFH has extensive working hours, there's no company vehicle for employees.
One of the fantastic organizations for role makers!
I always wanted to work in an organization that offers enough space to think independently about my own work and shape my responsibility in alignment with business need without a boundary of rigid framework. Unilever encourages me to challenge status co, think in terms of value add, spot opportunities for potential transformation. While I get flexibility to decide what I want to do that makes business sense, their is strong performance culture around living up to my delivery commitment. My work encourages me to step out of comfort zone and collaborate with other colleagues to deliver new capabilities with openness. The organization with it fast paced business has made me realized that it's only change that's constant in the world!
Unilever has been a great workplace for me, the company not only provided me with extensive exposure in the legal sphere as their marketing lawyer but also exposure in terms of interactions with the various business and research and development teams, as also many of the government organizations. A typical day at work was extremely enterprising and full of learnings and new interactions. Work at Unilever also exposed me to a lot many challenges on the legal and business perspective, however, as it is said, where there is a will there is a way and thus bearing this principle in mind, I have been successful in approaching all the challenges. I look forward to better and bigger opportunities as i move on in my career.
A typical working day at Unilever:-
Before any work could be started Health and Safety checks had to be completed to ensure the area in which myself and my team were working was meeting standards. A check list had to be completed before any machinery was operated and I was responsible for ensuring tasks such as adjustments on lines to machinery to get them running to improve the lines overall effective efficiency (OEE). This enabled engineers to continue with other breakdowns on other lines or maintenance tasks.
Objectives were set at the outset of each working day to ensure productivity targets were met.
Productivity Targets were set at the outset of each working day, however self initiative was paramount to ensure deadlines and productivity targets were met.
What I learned:-
I learned that promoting a 'Can-Do' approach towards to tasks in hand ensured all of the above could be achieved. Having a positive outlook at the start of each day promoted productivity with team members.
I also learned that dependability was a key feature in my working day, Dependability was a quality that worked well for team members as they relied on me to get tasks done and also for the company as they could feel assured that I would work to the best of my ability and also lead a team of 6 staff to get the job done.
Co-operation and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors was another quality which showed a wi
ProsAnnual company events i.e:- Summer Banquets, Works parties
Todo lo necesario para sentirse un engranaje mas en la máquina sin dejar de sentirse humano.
Buena experiencia, contrato de 3 meses operario de línea, expresé no estar interesado en renovar contrato.
Posibilidad de pasar a planta permanente para el empleado productivo, si no sos vago quedas efectivo o por lo menos te renuevan. Gran rédito económico, opción de trabajar extra, 12 horas, 1/2 hora refrigerio, 1/2 hora almuerzo, relevos 5 a 10 minutos para tomar un cafe e ir al baño, terminas trabajando menos de 11 horas. Indumentaria y elementos de seguridad de primera calidad, constante renovación.
Se almorzaba en el mismo espacio que el personal administrativo, lo cual resultaba molesto.
En ese tiempo los del fonavi hacían piquete y no dejaban pasar a los trabajadores, esos días por lo general no se trabajaba, en tres meses ocurrieron dos piquetes.
Las líneas de producción son un desastre, numerosas averías, máquinas y robots de descarte de otras plantas a lo largo del mundo, reacondicionadas y trabajando como viene, todo atado con alambre, el personal de mantenimiento esta todo el día haciendo cebo, pero su lugar de trabajo no esta en la ceberia.
Las mejores lineas: Duros (trabajo intenso pero buenos compañeros), Linea 4 (normal y buenos compañeros), Dove (pocos empleados, no hay mucho para hacer, seguro ya la desmantelaron al volver las importaciones)
Para cerrar, la tri-pack un sentimiento, en ese momento la bautizamos "la tripa", es una adefesio pero está apartada unos trescientos metros en un depósito, nadie va a molestar y la producción que se exije se lo
ProsRemuneración, posibilidad de crecimiento, seguro médico, premios, cajas de productos, proveeduría con saldo mensual provisto por recibo.
ConsUbicación inaccesible, transporte privado limitado y adecuado a los empleados antigüos, lineas de producción regentadas por cabezas duras con antigüedad, irregularidades en el calculo de impuestos a las ganancias, pésimo mantenimiento de instalaciones, averías, fugas, derrames, todo atado con alambre.