Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing
• Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
• Developed an internal Docker environment for test projects as well as projects with limited lifespan
• Developed Docker based elastic search environment
• Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef.
• Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Chef..
• User account management, worked with Perl, shell scripting (ksh, bash) to automate administration tasks.
• Automated build process with Continuous Integration Tool Jenkins, Bash. Involved in designing/automating proof of concept projects and version control tool migrations and handling Version Control activities.
• Implemented Jenkins Master/Slave concept in Jenkins dashboard and a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and GIT
• Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
• Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools. Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code
• Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds. Deployed the EARs and WARs in JBOSS Application server using ANT script.
• Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
• Maintained and administered GIT source code tool and Experien
Being an E & TC Engineer, Vodafone gave me opportunity to work in networking domain, especially in communication over long distances, configuration setup, connectivity troubleshooting,Network
maintenance, hands on troubleshooting in routers,switches,firewalls functioning in live production network.
There are more than 7 night shifts per month due to foreign clientele and network configuration at night.
Having immense interest and good amount of regular hands on micro controller programming and embedded system software development, I have been continuously looking for better opportunities. To keep working on embedded software development, IoT sensors, I kept working on embedded projects and Linux. Programming skills are good because of understanding and visualization of any kind of problem in object oriented way.
It was overall a good experience a Vodafone, but truly it is not something that i wish to keep working on anymore.There were some financial constraints hence I had to keep holding the job, for the period a little longer than planned.
The level of job satisfaction was never up to the mark and kept craving for core work or stack development. Hence I don't see myself going ahead anymore with this company. There were concerns about work culture and intense hierarchical issues and treatment received from seniors.
Hence on wards I wish to continue what I am really good at and have been practicing for the same, taking extra time and efforts. Hopeful that qui
Prosfree Mobile service, Free talktime and data pack, travel arrangements
Consnight shifts, no development, Work culture average
Please clean up politics and select people with high professional standard
1- Good number of official foreign trips to stay in luxury Hotels for Senior Employees
2- Lavish offsite spends and extravagant Dinners at official expense for Senior Employees
3 - Mobility/have good chance of being posted in London or other European cities
4 - Very long maternity leave. No one bothers if you do not work and stay at home on the pretext of holidays. Indeed very liberal policy of trusting nature. If you are a female, you will get promotions, international mobility, high increments, stocks and bonus no matter of actual performance as they focus on diversity and He-For-She
5 - People work only for 3 days, Tue, Wed and Thu only, that too they come at 11 am and leave by 5 pm just like any European/Scandinavian country. Mon and Fri are extended weekends. One leader comes to office only on Thu for a single day
1-Very poor Risk and Financial Control environment with impropriety
2-A very senior management team is involved in corruption (taking spouse to stay in hotel during official trips, sending children to tuition in office transport, keeping official Tandberg at home for personal use)
3-Frequent meetings with no decision making by the senior leaders
4-Inefficient and incapable persons occupying senior position to manipulate
5 - No strategy for future, no-one is willing to come as CEO due to poor culture.
6- CEO position is vacant for last one year
Pros1- Good number of official foreign trips to stay in luxury Hotels for Senior Employees
Cons1-Very poor Risk and Financial Control environment with impropriety
• Driving sales (Prepaid and other products) through distributor management, retail expansion and market promotion.
• Ensuring Primary sale to the distributor, secondary sale to the retailer and tertiary activation through the customers
• Promotional activities, market specific promotions in the retailers market, acquisition of new retailers
• Responsible for achieving territory targets and to generate business worth 7.5 million handling 30 mobile towers on a monthly basis.
• Ensuring efficient channel distribution to boost up sales and to ensure reach ability of the products and services.
• Setting up targets for the distribution agents on a monthly basis.
• Monitoring and evaluating the agent’s performance on an hourly basis to meet up the daily targets.
• Giving prompt feedback to the agents on their performance.
• Make the agents capable enough to win and sustain in the business.
• Maintaining high quality relationship with the retailers as our business purely depends on their support.
• Responsible for solving the issues of the retailers and customers regarding the process issues within the system.
• Maintaining MIS reports and attend period reviews with the authority.
• Responsible for maintaining a market health check report to know our position in the market comparing with our competitors
• Working with Vodafone Essar South Ltd (Retail store )as Customer Care Executive from 2007 to present
• Worked as Front Office staff in Sterling Resorts , Darjeeling from 2006 to Nov 2007
• Working as receptionist in Fortune Boutique in Deira, Dubai since April 2012
Job responsibilities in Vodafone
Handling customers walk in to Vodafone Store Darjeeling and worked as Team leader
Handling customer queries & complains and provides them correct resolution and look after the sales and service and handle Retail store and provide solution
Handling with retention related
FORTUNE BOUTIQUE HOTEL Diera, Dubai.
Receptionist (April 2012 to present )
Led a Team of reservationists, Bell Boys, Switch board operators, etc.
Reported to the Reception Manager
Assist in the daily running of reception and reservations, leading and motivating the team to ensure that the Company standards are maintained
Support the Front Office Manager in ensuring good levels of communication are maintained between departments and that team members are effectively.
Ensured that the guests’ stay was comfortable, proper housekeeping was carried out, correct check-in and check-out procedures were carried out, excellent room service was provided.
Taking care of Check/In and Check/Outs during the day shift.
(prepaid Sales in the area of kushinagar and Maharajganj Distt. From 25/12/2006 to 07/04/2009)
• Job Profile:
o Maximize profitable volume growth, market share and consumer preference of the brand in the assigned territory.
o 1 R.S.P (Rural Sales Pramoter).
o Handling 5 Channel partner.
o Train, Motivate, Develop and Manage a team of 7 direct sales Executives (DSE) in assigned territory.
o Visit Key Accounts to negotiate trade promotion schemes.
o Drive Brand Activation through 580 Retail Outlets in the designated area to achieve sales target.
o Increase penetration of Transacting Outlets to increase distribution reach and volume of business
o Ensure proper in-shop visibility to increase consumer awareness and preference for the product.
o Achieving the Target with category wise retailer numbers in the area allocated to increase customer reach
o Handle marketing promotion (Canopy/Van) activities in the district and manage all economic budgets assigned by the company to the district.
o Gather market intelligence about competitors and ensure accurate and timely communication to management regarding changing field conditions that effect volumes.
o Checking the competitor’s activity and schemes in depth and its impact in the market through proper analysis and inform about it to the seniors on day to day basis.
To pursue a challenging career in the field of Telecom in an organization where personal growth is fostered and an opportunit
1.Description: Raising proactive tickets, Fault rectification of the circuits & Circuits Managing.
2. Work Experience on Nms (Siemens (Surpass Hit), Nortel Preside TN-1X (STM-1 Capacity), TN-4XE (STM-4 Capacity), and TN-16X (STM-16 Capacity)), Ericsson- Marconi-MV38 OMS1664/1684/840 to monitor and identify the circuits.
3. Handling traffic outage of SDH equipment at Network Operation Center in co-ordination with field engineer.
4. Network alarm monitoring and debugging the malfunctioning and misbehavior of equipment
5. Technical support to field Engineers
6. Generating outage and network availability reports.
7. Generating service request to welcome center.
8. Escalation of the problems to Level 2/ Level 3 technical excellence center.
9. Follow-up of all planned events activities and get it done in given time period.
10. Hands of experience on Cramer Tool, VAX Applications (Mori, Cops), and Remedy Tool.
11. Co-ordination with OLO.
Pros[20 ONe of the top GBP earning company in the globe.Work environment is awesome.
ConsSince most of the core devices are placed in UK we have limited access to work on them
Best place to built your capability, skills and stress management.
A day starts with the conference call by senior, noting the day plan and discussing specific agendas for the day, if any.
after a gate meeting is schedule before market opens, to let the first liners know the day agenda and targets to be achieved for the day. next is the market working named as FCLC(First counter to last counter) with any of the executives and discussing new products and services into the market. Apart from that, had to also work on merchandising, distribution, handling retailer complaints, mails.
day ends by sending achievement for the plan given.
Learning the best part of the job, as it helps to built interpersonal skills, multi tasking, data work, forecasting. Management and co workers are very much supportive in terms of learning things, but has a competitive environment.
Hardest part of job is to be update with the changes, as it a fast pace sector, and policies, product can change any time, updating and communicating these changes to team is bit difficult.
Every moment is enjoyable in the organisation, if the work is enjoyed.
Prosnational - international trips and tours, parties, recognition, awards, reviews.
• Involved in customizing the code as per customer requirement.
• Worked on the problems customers were facing while using our products.
• Provide the best solution of those problems. For that I have to debug the code then I have to find the problem area and then I have to find the solution.
• Designed, developed and maintained the data layer using Hibernate and performed configuration of Struts Application Framework
• Experience of working on Web Services, EJBs, Integration Frameworks (AIF), Process Manager (APM), Database (Backend part).
• Experience of interacting with customers to understand their problems better and to explain them solutions.
• Implemented the web-based application using Spring Framework.
• Developed Unit test cases for the classes using JUnit.
• Developed stored procedures to extract data from Oracle database.
• Developed and maintained Ant Scripts for the build purposes on testing and production environments.
• Involved in building and parsing XML documents using SAX parser.
• Application developed with strict adherence to J2EE best practices.
• Managed Knowledge Expert Desk / Escalation Desk consisting of 40 senior associates
• Responsible to achieve process level KPI’s like Service levels, FCR, CSAT
• Focus on reducing abandonment percentage to ensure that maximum escalations are taken within the threshold so as to improve customer satisfaction & retention
• Developed Escalation tool to capture VOC, critical complaints so as to ensure quick closure and reduce turnaround time on customer issues
• Integrate Knowledge expert teams with training team to prepare NHT & Refresher modules, and floor updates
• Conduct calibration sessions with quality & training team on fortnightly basis
• Maintaining Quality Compliance Issues, Documentations and Conducting Internal Check Audits on a regular basis
• Internal ISO auditor for Baroda Site. As an auditor I am responsible to conduct quarterly audits for all the processes, participate in Management Review meetings & follow up with internal teams on closure of open NC’s wherever applicable
• Key role in weekly, monthly, Quarterly reviews and deployments with Client
I am a highly motivated individual with exceptional cross-functional management experience.
I have a broad range of skills including people management, account management, recruitment, recruitment branch management, sales and service management. I also have a deep understanding and experience of areas such as customer service, sales, retail, credit and collections, MI, scheduling, manufacturing, construction and utilities.
I currently work in the telecommunications industry, where I am a respected and influential member of the team.
Throughout my time at Vodafone I have won awards for my service and skills. I strongly believe that you are only as good as your team, and that a healthy performance comes from nurturing and growing your team enabling them to be the best they can be, every day without exception.
I am always looking for ways to improve myself, processes and procedures that don’t work or could be done better to give us continuous improvement and growth in performance and associated results. I am adaptable, flexible, calm and thrive on a challenge.
I love people management and my passion is developing people to be the best they can be. Providing constructive feedback continually is just as important as positive feedback – it’s how your deliver it.
Team work is key to success, and building the strongest team relationship is very important to me and to the success of my team.
Customer service is at the heart of everything I do, and I do not answer questions /
READ THIS FOR A FULL BREAKDOWN ON VODAFONE
First off, the bonus scheme - they tell you that you can get up to £2000 extra in bonuses but when they get your payslip they deduct from the bonus itself. Each month my bonus should have been £180 which they would tell me, but on the payslip it is deducted from and halved.
Second, employee mental health. They preach that they cater to it but don't, and especially during the Covid-19 pandemic where all employees were working from home. It was stressful being cut off from people, but they removed systems and processes to the point we couldn't do anything for customers and were frequently yelled at for not being able to do a simple thing we could have done before. It wasn't until six weeks in that they gave us alternate processes.
Thirdly, they don't treat their employees like human being. Some of the processes are poorly explained or subject to interpretation that it becomes so easy for an employee to make a punishable mistake. They talk about the severity of these issues but do nothing to make them easily avoided as they should be, and the employee pays the price, not the company. I have watched hard working people lose their jobs or put under more stress by the company for simple mistakes; breaking down in tears at their desks and where are management? No where to be seen. It's other colleagues having to step in to help before being yelled at for not being on the phones. There is no such thing as compassion at this compan
Μεγάλη προσοχή: Χειραγώγηση, gaslighting και εργασιακό bullying
Μεγάλη προσοχή σε όποιον πάει να εργαστεί σε αυτό το κάτεργο διότι οι άνθρωποι είναι αδίστακτοι. Αν και τις πρώτες μέρες σου διαφημίζουν ότι η Vodafone μια είναι σούπερ εταιρεία που σέβεται τον εργαζόμενο, στην πράξη αποδεικνύουν το ακριβώς αντίθετο. Προσπαθούν να σε χειραγωγήσουν με άθλιες μεθόδους και καταφεύγουν από την πρώτη μέρα σε gaslighting με συνεχή ψέματα, μια τοξική συμπεριφορά η οποία μπορεί να έχει συνέπειες στη ζωή σου. Το επικίνδυνο είναι ότι εκείνη τη στιγμή δεν το καταλαβαίνεις αλλά όλο αυτό μπορεί να επιδράσει με δυσάρεστο τρόπο στην ψυχολογία σου, σε σημείο να πέσεις σε κατάθλιψη.Το 99% των εργαζομένων δεν το καταλαβαίνουν και ποτέ, βάσει της εμπειρίας μου. Όλα αυτά, με μόνο σκοπό να σε χειραγωγήσουν και να σε κάνουν λάστιχο, να σε έχουν του χεριού τους ή, όταν δεν σε χρειάζονται άλλο, να σε απομακρύνουν. Το χειρότερο που χρησιμοποιούν είναι το εργασιακό bullying, το οποίο επίσης οι περισσότεροι δεν παίρνουν χαμπάρι διότι είναι νέοι στην πλειοψηφία τους. Προσπαθούν βασικά να έχουν όσο πιο νέους μπορούν στους χώρους εργασίας όχι μόνο για να βγάζουν μια νεανική εικόνα προς τα έξω αλλά για να τους εκμεταλλεύονται χωρίς πρόβλημα επειδή δεν έχουν την εμπειρία να ορθώσουν ανάστημα ή να αντιληφθούν τι συμβαίνει. Στα καταστήματα διατηρούν μόνο όσους μπορούν να ελέγχουν απόλυτα, δεν συνδικαλίζονται και δεν έχουν ζωή γενικά. Προσπαθούν να απασχολούν νέες γυναίκες αλλά όχι πολύ ωραίες, ώστε να διατηρείται η ομαλότητα στους χώρους εργασίας και να μην έχουν προβλήματα μ
Χειρότερη εμπειρία που είχα σε εργασιακό χώρο.
Μακριά από την vodafone, προτιμήστε οτιδήποτε άλλο, μη χάνετε το χρόνο σας και την ψυχική σας υγειά σε μπουρδο εταιρείες σαν και την Vodafone.
Δεν υπάρχει καμία μα καμία συνέπεια με τα όσα σου παρουσιάζονται στην αρχή, ότι όλα είναι τελειά, είναι εργασιακός παράδεισος κλπ. Στην πραγματικότητα μιλάμε για ένα κανονικό κολαστήριο. Κανένας σεβασμός στον υπάλληλο, δεν υπάρχεις σαν άνθρωπος, είσαι μόνο ένα νούμερο. Χρησιμοποιούν ηλίθιες / κουτοπόνηρες μεθόδους για να σε χειραγωγήσουν και καλά, προσβολές και ειρωνείες στο φουλ από team leaders που την έχουν δει θεοί, ενώ την ιδιά ώρα είναι πανασχετοι, κάνεις τους δεν έχει ιδέα να σου δώσει μια λύση ακόμη και για απλά πράγματα, 10 άτομα να ρωτήσεις θα πάρεις 10 διαφορετικές απαντήσεις, καμία συνεννόηση μεταξύ τους, δεν τους έλεγχοι κάνεις. (Υπάρχουν λίγες εξαιρέσεις αλλά αυτό και πάλι δεν αλλάζει την κατάσταση και την εικόνα, η πλειοψηφία των team leaders – supporters είναι καβαλημενα ψωνακια με υφος 100 καρδηναλιων και φουλ κομπλεξ, εντελώς άσχετα με το αντικείμενο, τεχνικές γνώσεις υπό του μηδενός ).
Δεν υπάρχει καν ουσιαστική εκπαίδευση, καμία οργάνωση, όλα είναι στον αυτόματο.
Παράλογες και τραγελαφικές διαδικασίες, ακόμη πιο παράλογες απαιτήσεις που δεν έχουν κανέναν μα κανένα ουσιαστικό νόημα και ακόμη πιο άθλια συστήματα - εξοπλισμός δεκαετίας 80!! (η τεχνολογία προχωράει αλλά η Vodafone αρνείται να το αποδεχτεί), να θέλεις να δουλέψεις και να μην μπορείς λόγω αδυναμίας συστημά
Technical Support Residential | Αθήνα | 20 Jun 2021
Τοξικό περιβάλλον εργασίας, μόνο το brand name είναι δυνατό!
Από πού να ξεκινήσω?
Μόνο αρνητικά μπορώ να πω για την εν λόγω εταιρεία καθώς στους 11 μήνες που έκλεισαν στην Vodafone ήταν σαν να μου έπινε το αίμα, ψυχολογικά είμαι χάλια από την 2-3 ημέρα εργασίας αν θυμάμαι καλά,
χαμηλού επιπέδου συμπεριφορά από τους Δήθεν Team Leaders, πόσο μάλλον από τους 2 Δήθεν supervisors που τα βλέπουν όλα ρόδινα και την Manager του τμήματος, σαν να είναι όλα φυσιολογικά και δεν υπάρχει κανένα απολύτως πρόβλημα και σε όποιον δεν αρέσει να παραιτηθεί.
Γιατί μιλάς 10 λεπτά με τον κάθε πελάτη ακόμη δεν ξεκίνησε η βάρδια σου και δεν έχεις τελειώσει καμία κλήση κάτω από 6 λεπτά?
Γιατί είσαι after call 2 λεπτά τι κάνεις?
Αυτά είναι η καθημερινότητα μας σε αυτήν την εταιρεία.
Να σχολιάσει κανείς το ότι κάθε τρεις και λίγο έχουν πρόβλημα τα εργαλεία των υπαλλήλων και δεν μπορείς να κάνεις σωστά την δουλειά σου?
Να σχολιάσεις τις αναμονές που έχει περισσότερο που αφορούν παράπονα των συνδρομητών παρά για τεχνικά προβλήματα?
Τις βλακείες που κάνει ο κάθε agent στους πελάτες και μετά ξαναπαίρνει, σε βρίζει και με το δίκιο του?
Να σχολιάσεις το ότι χρειάζεσαι βύσμα για να πάρεις άλλη θέση?
Είχα κλείσει 9 μήνες και έστειλα βιογραφικό για άλλη θέση και η απάντηση του Δήθεν HR είναι ότι βρέθηκε καταλληλότερος διότι οι δεξιότητες και τεχνικές γνώσεις του προσέγγισαν καλύτερα τις απαιτήσεις του ρόλου.(Το τι δεξιότητες και τεχνικές γνώσεις θα μπορούσε να χρειάζεται κάποιος για ένα τμήμα το οποίο αφορά πάλι εισερχόμενες κλήσης ένας θεός ξέρει). Την θέση όμως τ
A challenging and demanding role with good rewards.
My typical day was opening the store, completing daily tasks, such as cash management, stock reports and checks, accepting in deliveries and return products to the warehouse. Respond to daily communications such as sales figures, training requirements or other store requests for help and assistance. Would rely important information back to the store team. Supervise, motivate and train staff, under direction of manager. On several occasions ran the store inbetween managers coming and leaving the store and during annual leave. As well as effectively managing and delegating tasks, I also managed my own sales targets, gave great customer services, promoted, persuaded, negotiated and listened to customers about products and services. As superviser I would have to manage difficult situations with customers, trying to resolve issues straight away, as well as deal with staff issues.
The role changes depending on your level and how many hours you work. Began as a 16 hour trainee and grew and developed myself into supervisory level and full time.
Hardest part of the job is the constant pressure of targets, striving to achieve targets on a monthly basis. In addition working as part of a very small team of 5. If a personality clash occured, sometimes it is not possible to avoid that person in the way you can in a larger store or office with more than 5 team members. Found progression can be slow in many instances in getting to higher levels in the retail side, as with small teams you may
Proswell paid commission on top of wages, working as part of a team. always being focused
Conssales targets change every month. teams can be 'too' close knit.
The benefits you seemingly get working for Vodafone are wonderful, along side the positive attitude of everyone who works there, upon first encounter it seems like a wonderful place to work.
In all honesty, it is pretty great, at times, everything other than the physical job is wonderful, the way they take care of staff is lovely, and generally speaking everyone is there to help everyone and management is wonderful.
However, some of the elements that your job performance is entirely based on are things you can't control. For example:
- Those scores you get back after a phone call (the ratings that sometimes get sent out) are something that heavily monitors how successful you are in your job. The ones Vodafone typically send out are ratings for;
> Vodafone as a whole
> Service from the person on the phone
> System experience.
Now, only the 'Vodafone as a whole' score matters, you could be receiving constant 10/10's for the service you're providing and the system experience for the customer but those aren't counted or taken into consideration when looking at you as an employee. It's hard to change someones negative opinion of a company as a whole if they've encountered a lot of negativity in the past, no matter how good the one experience with you as a call taker was. Which, is unfair.
However, there's more, those surveys are sent out to everyone, even those who you can't gain account access for (without account access you can only really point them
ProsGood pay, wonderful internal staff and management.
ConsLong hours, long strings of shifts (6 days, with one day off), and an unfair review system.
been with the company for a few years, worked hard in different stores with a performance always above average, years later i'm still stuck at the bottom of the chain as a sales adviser. progress is way much more about politics and how you project yourself to others than based on actual personal achievements. this company prefers to reward unproven people and unlawful cowboys, instead of people who do the right things the right way that won't put themselves in front of others.
it's a sales job so there is quite a lot of pressure to sell and at the same time keeping the customers satisfied, which is incredibly hard as there are many different variables why customers won't be happy and the liability is on the adviser that gets to serve them. at the end of that you will be personally blamed, named and shamed as it impacts on store performance, even if you haven't done something wrong, doesn't matter.
considering that bonus is won and lost not only through sales but with customer satisfaction scores it makes the reward very random as you deal with 100s of customers a month and each unhappy one has a massive impact over your bonus pay. this often leads to deflation as you have to work on the edge most of the time to only seldomly get something in return.
the culture (depending upon managers and regional managers) is often not the healthiest as it hard sales more than ever, putting the advisers under high pressure to sell additional products every time someone comes to a
Ho lavorato in uno stand per circa un mese. Ci sono stati due colloqui, finiti (magicamente) a buon fine. Aggiungo un dettaglio: non mi è stata consegnata una copia del mio contratto di lavoro, però è stata anche colpa mia, che stupidamente non ho chiesto questa copia. In tutto ciò, sono stat* pres* in prova per un mese sentendomi dire "Devi solo avvicinare il cliente, che la chiusura del suo contratto telefonico verrà gestita dai tuoi colleghi più esperti". Come non detto: in pochi giorni pretendevano che io chiudessi contratti, sapendo a malapena le offerte (che cambiavano ogni due settimane) da proporre ai clienti. Comunque ho provato lo stesso a fare del mio meglio e ad avere più contatti possibili con la gente, fermando persone, chiacchierando con loro per cercare di capire i loro interessi e offrire loro il contratto migliore, ricevendo anche complimenti dai colleghi, che vedevano mi stessi impegnando. Però, già dai primi giorni, non sono stat* seguit* nemmeno dal "capo", che continuava a smanettare al telefono, mentre io ero sbattut* in mezzo alla gente, senza sapere che fare e che dire per avvicinare qualche cliente. Con colleghi, tuttavia, c'è sempre stato un rapporto più che buono e abbastanza sostegno dalla loro parte. Dopo neanche aver finito il mese di prova, un giorno, alla fine di un mio solito turno, sono arrivati i responsabili dello stand a dirmi che dovevo dare le dimissioni, perché non ho raggiunto gli obiettivi iniziali di tot contratti. Tutto bene, avevo
Customer Relations Representative | Scotland | 21 Mar 2018
Dreadful disorganised company with no focus on training people correctly
They put you on a 3 week training program where the first week is one where they give you a week long propaganda advert of how Vodafone is all about the customers and taking care of their employees. 2 weeks is spent on roleplay and group/team exercises and with little or no focus upon learning the complicated and temperamental system they use called "Siebel".
You then go into a crash course known as "Gradbay", which is designated in a disorganised way where a large group of trainees are thrust into a call centre environment to struggle their way through live calls with little or no idea how to use/navigate their way through the system and constantly having to put customers on hold to ask questions to a floorwalker for clarification, when that same floorwalker has about thirty other trainees asking for the same help and assistance.
Basically you are set up to fail in a job before you have even began. You find that the entire premise of the job is to fob angry customers off with paltry sums of money and apply them as "credits" to their accounts and expect them to accept it and go away in order to stop them taking it further to the Ombudsman.
The hours are an endurance test where 8-10 hour shift patterns drain you of any enthusiasm you initially had for the job at the beginning and any guidance you ask from other more experienced staff is generally met with derision as it is interpreted as a "weakness" rather than something to work on and improve.
It is a shame t
ProsDecent employee benefits and salary is good.
ConsPoor training, ridiculously long and stressful shifts, outdated computer system, unhelpful and unapproachable team leaders, no focus on developing new trainees
Questions And Answers about Vodafone
How are the working hours at Vodafone?
Asked 6 Mar 2017
Flexible 37.5hrs per week with ability to work from home 2 days per week.
Answered 26 May 2021
Connect for a better future
Answered 26 May 2021
If you were to leave Vodafone, what would be the reason?
Asked 24 Mar 2017
Answered 6 Aug 2019
For beeter prospetc
Answered 15 Jun 2019
What should you wear to an interview at Vodafone?
Asked 16 Mar 2017
Answered 15 Dec 2019
Good culture. Big organization
Answered 11 May 2019
What would you suggest Vodafone management do to prevent others from leaving?
Asked 17 Mar 2017
I will help to my senior's manage a management of vodafone