If your expertise lies in deal structures of loans, documentation, security handling and its valuation, a position as Team Manager I - Lending Operations is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing team of around 15-20 staff in Middle Office / Lending Operations. You will be driving quality and efficiency targets, working on projects and other business initiatives, ensure client satisfaction, collaborating with business partners. You will also be managing escalations, leading process re-engineering / automation initiatives to maximize efficiency gains, collaborating with support functions and ensuring engagement across the unit.
To qualify for this role, you need to have minimum ten years experience in Lending Operations and should have completed PLDP assessment.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the CPB Operations reporting to the Vice President.
Commercial and Private Banking teams in India support Commercial Operations (for UK, Ireland & India) & Wealth Operations for UK. We handle Performance Management, Portfolio Management, and Reporting & Solution delivery for Transaction Services UK business.
As Team Manager I - Lending Operations, you will be required to:
Skills you need
- Manage costs - deliver FTE efficiency gains through LEAN and other process improvement initiatives, implement capacity matrix which enables to capacities the team adequately
- Ensure accuracy and manage risk culture - ensure maintenance of processing accuracy & TAT as per agreed service level agreement, prepare monthly metrics and KPIs to monitor business effectively
- Manage Internal and External Customer Satisfaction – drive Customer Satisfaction, drive discussion during regular meetings with onshore and offshore stakeholders
- Manage Operational risks and build a culture of control - ensure satisfactory ratings on all audits/reviews both internal and external, provide list of self-identified issues and implement agreed mitigating action based on risk based approach training
- People Management – motivate and engage the work force, work with the team towards improving engagement survey results, ensure 100% completion of all individual development plans
- Ability and willingness to work in different time - zones / regions, end to end knowledge about Banking & Lending operations
- Good Portfolio Management and Supervisory Skills, Middle Office and / or expertise in Documentation on lending transactions
- Expertise in handling of securities and valuation for lending activities, managing escalations on processing and system issues
- Ability to deal with risk and control issues and review processes, manage a team and developing a career path for team members
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.