Aug 9, 2017
Landscaping & Grounds
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Position has responsibility for maintaining the grounds and keeping golf course turf in playing condition. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; 2 years experience in the landscaping/grounds or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
• Consults with the Director of Grounds/Director of Golf to plan and review work projects.
• Determines work priorities related to specific tasks such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking and spraying.
• Ensures all lawns and plantings are properly watered, fertilized and cared for to promote healthy growth and prevent problems.
• Ensures compliance with all Grounds departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Ensures contractors quality of work and compliance with safety policies and procedures.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Helps maintain inventory of irrigation and other critical items.
• Helps to manage the overall look of the golf course including lawn care and maintenance, irrigation, horticultural/pruning, weed control, pest and disease control.
• Keeps equipment maintained and operating at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Mixes and prepares recommended spray and dust solutions.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Recognizes potential problems and takes corrective action.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Walks the golf course on a daily basis to ensure clean up and job assignments are being followed.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.