Room Service Order Taker (FEMALE) Taj Palace New Delhi
Only Candidates from Hotel Background should apply
- 1 Year of experience on same level with 5* Hotel is a must
- Immediately Required
- Ability to communicate with the guests and anticipate their needs.
- Ability to smile and diffuse anger naturally.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive personality.
- Profound knowledge of customer service and of all beverage products and services.
1. Responsible for answering all telephone calls and prioritizing said calls.
2. Should have very good telephone etiquettes.
3. Directly involved in the order taking and order placing process while dealing with guest requests and orders, courteously, efficiently and promptly.
4. Should have good knowledge of room service menu’s and on going promotions in other F&B outlet.
5. Should be able to provide recommendations and suggestions to guests upon request.
6. Be knowledgeable of all services, facilities and products offered by the hotel.
7. Consider the satisfaction of all guests by ensuring prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times.
8. Display excellent conversation skills and selling techniques at all times.
9. Pay attention to guest orders, and know the menu thoroughly.
10. Write down all information’s clearly. Highlight special requests.
11. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
12. Approximate delivery time is given to the guest according to this time evaluation system established by the Outlet Manager and the Sous Chef.
13. If the order has not been sent up by this time, a call must be placed to the guest to apologies and re-evaluate the delivery time.
14. Ensure correct posting in POS system for communication to the service and kitchen department.
15. Able to perform all duties and tasks per the tasks required at the outlet.
16. Assist the department to drive guest satisfaction by providing consistent guest experiences.
17. Coordinate with Room Service Waiter/ Waitress, Captains & Minibar Attendant.
18. Report positive and constructive guest feedback to the manager.
19. Promptly handle guest queries, complaints and all issues in a professional manner.
20. Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives or suggestions to guests.
21. Ensure proper handover is given to the next shit and also to the IRD manager.
22. Report cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate supervisor
23. Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
24. Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
25. Ensure proper appearance and grooming while on duty.
26. Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
About the Hotel:
Taj Palace has 403 rooms with 41 suites with verdant green views. There are multiple dining options (Masala Art (Indian), Orient Express (European) & Blue Ginger (Vietnamese), including an Orient Express-themed restaurant.
Set in the Chanakyapuri diplomatic enclave, this luxurious conference hotel is 6.3 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport.
About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces:
Quintessentially Indian in its fabric, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is recognized the world over for delivering a unique flavor of hospitality that offers world-class refinement while remaining deeply rooted in its local heritage.
With over 100 hotels in 62 locations, Taj offers guests the refined luxury of heritage, the effortlessly efficient service and amenities and a local experience with the assurance of quality.
This company is a part of the Tata group, one of India’s largest business corporations. Till now, Taj Group operates 108 hotels across India and 17 hotels in the UK, USA, Africa, Maldives, Malaysia, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and the Middle East.
More Taj Hotel Jobs in India