Job ID: 220010
Date posted: 04/12/2023
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for humanist, passionate, and motivated software test engineer who are excited to use technology to make everyday life better for our IKEA co-workers and have fun doing it. To achieve our collective IKEA mission of making everyday life better for the many people, we in People Domain believe we achieve that by making our co-workers life better by providing them with state-of-the art IT solutions to do their jobs.
WHAT DO I BECOME A PART OF?
We work in INGKA People Domain subdomain People Planning where we build, refine and maintain digital products that focus on having the optimal staffing in the different business units consider the co-workers whished working time.
We will build new platforms and products providing the APIs, backend and frontend to support and improve the co-worker journey within Ingka.
Our products will be integrated within a lot of different areas in IKEA, therefore it is important that we do this right from the beginning and that we build a platform with a good technical foundation and architecture.
We set the digital agenda to make sure IKEA is leading. We drive the development, test, provisioning and operation of our digital products and services using both new and existing technology through agile delivery methods.
We actively encourage you to learn and stay up to date by providing access to a wealth of training resources as well as time.
Within the People Planning subdomain – We are the Co-worker Experience area.
Our responsibility is to contribute to IKEA Co-worker PP Experience. Our mission statement is to create a seamless experience for our Co-worker when they have a need of IT system to register whished working time, planned working time and actual time worked.
Up to today we have developed one application where Co-worker can insert their availability to work, this to give the co-worker the possibility to influence which working time will fit them the best.
We are now in the progress to take on some new challenges, like a common UX layer for multiple applications/functions. For coworker it would mean a common interface for multiple functions within People Planning area.
Work we perform includes web development (frontend, backend, database), API development, GCP datahub integrations and of course Quality assurance (where test is a driving force of this)
We are working in a DevOPS Agile environment using scrum and work in sprints.
The team perform all work together, so we are not divided into Dev and Test team.
An engineer in this team is responsible for analyzing, coding, testing, deploy and maintenance. However, since the team today only include people with developer background, we need to strengthen test knowledge within the team.
WHAT'S THE ICING ON THE CAKE?
The icing on this cake is that you will be part of an area this is growing, main part of our solutions are or will be built by our self, using latest common technology. The application we build will interact directly with IKEA co-workers globally. We are directly involved in making a better working life for our many co-workers.
Some of the perks that we offer:
- A workplace where you can be yourself
- Equal pay (Our salaries are set independently of race, gender, age or other individual characteristics)
- Continuous learning on the job as well as structured trainings and platforms
- Co-worker discount
- World’s greatest colleagues
And much more…
WORDS FROM THE TEAM
The fact that “Most things remain to be done” is all the motivation that we need to start a new day. The fact that we not only celebrate our success stories but equally celebrate our failures is what makes IKEA a great place to work with.
If you love the challenge of starting something up new, building a solution from scratch, not afraid to get your hands dirty, continuously fail and learn to improve, you should look no further than this. Hurry and apply! We would love to meet you and see you as part of our growing team.
THE POSITION AND EXPECTATIONS OF APPLICANTS TO OUR TEAM
You will be part of a team that designs, builds, test and supports the products in our domain.
We are looking to hire passionate engineer, excited about technology and innovative ways of working to shape the future of IKEA.
APPRECIATED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Honest, Good Attitude, Own leadership, Driven, Communicative, Positive, Responsible/Ownership, Structured, Solution Oriented, Result/Delivery Focused, Holistic, Sense for Details, Team Player, Independent.
As a Software Test Engineer you will be expected to:
- Be part of the iterative design process with the team
- Reach out and align with our chapters and technology groups on practices and tools
- Plan, manage test management tool, educate/support engineers in team in testing, execute test.
- Constantly analyze what test that make sense to automate
- Create and maintain automatic test scripts (whole team is involved in this)
- Make sure our test documentation (plan, strategy, process, tools) is always up to date
- Support the products we develop in production (we only support normal working hours)
- Collaborate both in the team and with stakeholder on the Product side (business)
- Share your good practice and learnings
- Take/Feel responsible over your delivery’s quality
You have a passion for technology, you welcome change and you love to learn. As a person you are innovative and work towards putting modern architecture and requirements into place.
You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a software engineering where latest focus have been on testing and test lead. You should have worked with test management tools, been involved in test strategy, mentor of junior engineers (or businesspeople). You need to be very driven and like to take on responsibilities since you will be the team member with test mentality and that need to be spread to rest of team. It suits you to work cross functionally both independently and interdependently, with the support of a vast software engineering network.
It’s beneficial if you are aware of and appreciate IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people.
To succeed in the role, we see that you have:
- Good experience in testing of Web products (Front end, back end, DB, ie full flow test)
- Good experience in modern Test management tools.
At IKEA we use Zephyr so it is a bonus if you have experience around this. However, if you have good experience in other tools, it should not be a problem to work with Zephyr.
- Good experience within test process with focus on agile testing.
- Good experience in Test strategy and test plan creation/maintenance
- Good experience in supporting/mentor others in test.
- Experience within automatic testing. In our team we have just started to use Cypress for automatic test and Load runner, J-meter and VuGen for load test. Bonus if you used any of these tools earlier. However, if you have experience in other tools, these will be quickly to learn.
- Experience of working in agile software teams with an emphasis on self-organization
- Experience from various engineering practices including design, development, unit test. You should have a background as a developer, to be able to create scripts and have an understanding of the development mentality and process.
- Experience of testing within cloud environment
- We expect you to be tech agnostic.
- You should feel comfortable working with a variety of technologies.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
Right now we have open positions for Software Test Engineer. Location is in India.
Welcome with your application!
We look forward to hearing from you!