We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase, in the CAO TECHNOLOGY Team which is aligned CORPORATE TECHNOLOGY Team you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Executes small to medium projects independently with initial direction and eventually graduates to designing and delivering projects by yourself
- Leverages technology to solve business problems by writing high quality, maintainable, and robust code following best practices in software engineering
- Participates in triaging, examining, diagnosing, and resolving incidents and work with others to solve problems at their root
- Recognizes the toil within your role and proactively works towards eliminating it through either systems engineering or updating application code
- Understands observability patterns and strives to implement and improve service level indicators, objectives monitoring, and alerting solutions for optimal transparency and analysis
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on site reliability engineering concepts and 3+ years applied experience
- Ability to code in at least one programming language
- Experience maintaining a Cloud-base infrastructure
- Familiar with site reliability concepts, principles, and practices
- Familiar with observability such as white and black box monitoring, service level objective alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, and others
- Familiarity with containers or a common Server OS such as Linux and Windows
- Emerging knowledge of software, applications and technical processes within a given technical discipline (e.g., Cloud, artificial intelligence, Android, etc.)
- Emerging knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, GitLab, or Terraform
- Emerging knowledge of common networking technologies
- Ability to work in a large, collaborative team and demonstrates the willingness to vocalize ideas with peers and managers
- Understanding of how to prioritize and adjust work plans to adapt to changes in assigned responsibilities and projects
- Eagerness to participate in learning opportunities to enhance one’s effectiveness in executing day-to-day project activities
- Ability to demonstrate and apply existing and new system processes, methodologies, and skills to contribute to the development of systems
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- General knowledge of financial services industry
- Preferred from Btech background
ABOUT THE TEAM
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.