Are you passionate about developing mission-critical, high quality software solutions, using cutting-edge technology, in a dynamic environment?
We are Compliance Engineering, a global team of more than 300 engineers and scientists who work on the most complex, mission-critical problems.
- build and operate a suite of platforms and applications that prevent, detect, and mitigate regulatory and reputational risk across the firm.
- have access to the latest technology and to massive amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- leverage modern frameworks to build responsive and intuitive front end and Big Data applications.
The firm is making a significant investment to uplift and rebuild the Compliance application portfolio in 2023.
To achieve this Compliance Engineering is looking to fill several full stack engineer roles across different teams.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of our team, you will:
- Partner globally with sponsors, users and engineering colleagues across multiple divisions to plan and execute engineering projects and drive our product roadmaps,
- Have responsibility for managing and leading a team of 8+ junior and senior software developers across 1-3 global locations.
- Be instrumental in implementing processes and procedures in order to maximize the quality and efficiency of the team.
- Manage significant projects and be involved in the full life cycle; scoping, designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining software systems across our products.
- Work closely with engineers to review the DB design, queries and other ETL processes.
- Leverage various technologies including; Java, Flink, JSON, Protobuf, Presto, Elastic Search, Kafka, Kubernetes and exposure to various SQL (preferably Postgresql)/NO-SQL databases .
- Be able to innovate and incubate new ideas.
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field of study.
- 9+ years of experience in software development including management experience.
- Experience in developing and designing end-to-end solutions to enterprise standards including automated testing and SDLC.
- Sound knowledge of DBMS concepts, database architecture, experienced in ETL/data pipeline development.
- Experience in query tuning/optimization
- The ability (and tenacity) to clearly express ideas and arguments in meetings and on paper.
- Knowledge of financial industry is desirable but not essential.
Experience in some of the following is desired and can set you apart from other candidates:
- UI/UX development
- API design, such as to create interconnected services,
- message buses or real time processing,
- relational databases
- knowledge of the financial industry and compliance or risk functions,
- influencing stakeholders.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer