With a startup spirit and 115,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. We dream in digital, dare in reality, and reinvent the ways companies work to make an impact far bigger than just our bottom line. We’re harnessing the power of technology and humanity to create meaningful transformation that moves us forward in our pursuit of a world that works better for people. Now, we’re calling upon the thinkers and doers, those with a natural curiosity and a hunger to keep learning, keep growing. People who thrive on fearlessly experimenting, seizing opportunities, and pushing boundaries to turn our vision into reality. And as you help us create a better world, we will help you build your own intellectual firepower.
Welcome to the relentless pursuit of better.
Inviting applications for the role of Ops Sourcing Buyer – Assistant Manager – English – On site Johannesburg
In this role, The Ops Sourcing Buyer will assist in executing the Sourcing projects to enable the delivery of defined country annual savings targets. These projects will deliver a competitive advantage for the Client business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management, innovation, and reducing risk within the supply chain.
The projects will be delivered globally or locally as per the Category Strategy and will leverage the full range of supply and demand-side levers. Sourcing knowledge will be applied in executing these plans across all categories while ensuring the risks associated with the purchase of goods and services are mitigated commercially, contractually, and operationally.
- Sourcing of the Indirect Spend categories with spend range up to $5m
- Drafting and Negotiating contracts; drive the preparation of proposal documents, statement of works (SOWs), quotations, and competitive bids with pertinent specifications, terms, and conditions attached
- Use appropriate pre-approved legal templates to produce NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements), Call Off agreements, and contract amendments/renewals
- Develops, review, negotiate and executes complex business agreements and contracts as needed
- Supplier evaluation, selection, and set-up of ongoing performance management; Rate and manage the performance of suppliers, ensure supplier performance of all contracts
- Liaise with the stakeholders to understand their requirements and close them in the given time frame
- Perform spend & market analysis to identify the best available market price for the ongoing project/service
- Responsible for savings targets, timely deliveries, and Customer Satisfaction within the contractual SLAs/KPIs
- Participate periodically in reviews with Global Category managers and Regional Heads of Procurement and their sourcing managers to ensure strategies are aligned and pipeline activity is proceeding
- Carry out all reporting requirements accurately and within the specified time scales as needed
- Skillfully apply appropriate procurement approach in negotiations; Independently prepare and lead negotiations to a conclusion
- Develop and drive effective relationships with suppliers, Coordinate, review, and respond to supplier inquiries, protests, and appeals
- Agree on sourcing plans and set expectations for effective value delivery
- Help the customer understand and engage with the Organisation’s procurement processes
- Assist in the execution of eSourcing and for delivering incremental value to the business through eAuctions where needed
- Work with a variety of business stakeholders and partners within the Client retained organization, spanning business operations, procurement, and supply chain managers, this will require proactive engagement by the role holder to understand business requirements and ensure a coherent sourcing strategy is quickly established and delivered to within the agreed contractual SLAs and KPIs.
- Demonstrate professional and concise written and verbal communications in the required Country Language (English) and build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the Client organization.
Qualifications we seek in you!
- Proven Procurement experience in demonstrating a proven track record of delivery of successful sourcing projects
- Oral and written fluency in English (additional languages are preferred)
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification within Business Management, Procurement, and Supply Chain management
- Support multiple end-to-end sourcing projects in parallel; focusing on data accuracy and quality of output to Clients/Stakeholders
- Proven track record of supporting various sourcing activities, demonstrating an ability to manage parallel projects, and being able to prioritize critical activities where needed
- Builds and maintains effective stakeholder and supplier relationships to assure successful business performance
- Sound understanding and execution of effective negotiation strategy
- Resolves quality problems with suppliers and stakeholders quickly and efficiently takes direction where needed
- Reviews commercial contracts to ensure they protect Client against risk and deliver advantage to the business; put forward suggestions for process improvement (as appropriate)
- Exposure to ERP and other procurement systems (Oracle Fusion / Archer / Emptoris and any other S&P tool)
- Exposure to reviewing and understanding Dun & Bradstreet reports, Credit Scoring methods
- Category experience of buying; IT (Software, Hardware, Networks & Infrastructure, Data Centre) Telco, Marketing, HR Services, Professional Services, Travel, CRE, Facilities Management and Banking Operations
- Supplier Management experience
- Personal effectiveness; Energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to use influencing techniques
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Ability to manage change effectively; uses straightforward and constructive arguments to gain buy-in from others
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Exercises sound judgment on a day to day business problems and provide recommendations for solving course correction
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Communicates clearly and with an inclusive style
- Collaborative and cross-cultural
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Strong analytical skills, organizational and skills
What can we offer?
- Attractive salary;
- Stable job offers - employment contract
- Work in a multicultural and diverse environment with employees from over 30 countries
- Genpact supports professional trainings and great career development opportunities
- Free access to our award-winning learning platform
- Benefits such as Medical Aid, Retirement and risk benefits
In case Genpact does not respond to your application within 30 days, please consider it was not successful for the current recruitment process for this role.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Furthermore, please do note that Genpact does not charge fees to process job applications and applicants are not required to pay to participate in our hiring process in any other way. Examples of such scams include purchasing a 'starter kit,' paying to apply, or purchasing equipment or training.