The Role Responsibilities
- Deliver quality service while carrying out the following transactions among others for customers
- Cash deposits
- Cash withdrawals
- Demand draft / pay order instructions - accepting and processing
- Accepting instructions for FD breaks
- Effecting internal account to account transfers
- Accepting and processing stop payment instructions
- Ensure that all of the above services are delivered with accuracy and warmth
- Assist in Service Delivery by ensuring timely service to customers so customer traffic is efficiently managed. Recommend workflow changes for customer service with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- General Reconciliation and Compliance Activities at their level, which may typically include
- Dual control of Cash functions
- Control of Security stationary
- Review of processing entries and vouchers
- Sales Referrals: where relevant, identify prospects for cross-selling from observation of customer transactions and highlight the same to sales staff
- Contribute to branch performance through referrals, efficient customer service, effective operations controls
- He / She is aware of bank’s Mis-selling and Sales Policies and ensure adherence all the times.
- Educating customers about alternate banking channels so specific transactions can be migrated to net banking, phone banking, ATMs, etc.
- Ensure he / she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to ORMA, Group Code of Conduct, KYC / CDD / EDD and Money laundering prevention. He / she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer.
- Premises management in areas of merchandising, housekeeping as well as store management. Branch upkeep and maintenance
- Responsible for health and safety for all. As part of the Health and Safety guidelines you should:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by your actions or your omissions; Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace
- Ensure that your actions do not put others at risk; Work in a healthy and safe manner
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner
- Report all accidents and incidents and bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Graduate / Post Graduate.
- Anywhere between 1 - 4 years of overall experience.
- Understanding of front and back office processes and procedures.
- Customer and Service Orientation.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Team-playing ability.
- Banking knowledge.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Keen Learner
- Punctual and Diligent
- Banking knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental / maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers