The Role Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the role is to provide support and drive the execution of Core Banking Initiatives, working closely with colleagues in FI and Sales.
The focus of the role is on the provision of data and MI, execution of strategic initiatives, risk management and reporting and change related work to support business performance of BBD / Core Banking business.
The role initially focuses on the Correspondent Banking portfolio but is extended to expand to BBD segment where relevant.
The role is dynamic in nature and tasks and activities include but not limited to
- Assisting to assess and implement opportunities to join closer with existing CCIB product / segment / enablement teams to drive effectiveness and create efficiency for FI, avoiding duplication.
- Support and help execute the overall management of the FI Advisory book of work, both in terms of individual initiative execution, and broader adoption of strategic initiative around people, process and optimisation.
- Evaluate key process and procedures to ensure sub segments and FI as a whole is operating as effectively and optimally as possible.
- Dynamic support on delivery of key strategic initiatives and deliverables.
- Promote an analytics culture and use of analytics as a common language across the BBD / Core Banking segment; support embedding of data science principles and development of analytical capabilities throughout network.
- Promote analytics driven decision making processes across multiple segments / product portfolios.
- Execute cross-cutting assessment of strategic impact and enablement across the BBD / Core Banking segments, breaking down siloes and opening up opportunities to be more effective and efficient.
- Create strong blending data capabilities within team so that we can come up with useful client information from data very quickly.
- Serve as a critical partner to the business in delivering actionable insights and data / analytics-based solutions to business needs and problems.
- Engage with business stakeholders across countries and gather requirements and liaise with ETL team to get the required data preparation.
- Engage and execute the dashboards on Tableau or similar visualization tools.
- Engage relevant technology teams to embed advanced statistical tools.
- Prepare and / or contribute to regular updates for various committees and governance forums.
- Provide insights to senior management and the network based on MIS and analytics.
- Highlight any perceived risk and early alerts to the management based on data analytics.
- Perform data validation and dashboard performance optimization.
- Support and help Create a culture of habitual innovation within the team, embracing the Bank’s new ways of working “nWOW”.
- Help to drive operational efficiency and process improvement through identification and elimination of unnecessary procedures and driving further automation where appropriate.
- Assist to set the tone for collaboration across the organisation.
People and Talent
- Lead through example; engage in peer-to-peer leadership.
- Provide effective orientation / guidance to new joiners on the bank’s policies / procedures / processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank.
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies.
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan.
- Demonstrate leading through example and building an appropriate culture / values.
- Support through ambiguity to establish the role / team in bringing together the specialist verticals and cross-geography teams, in adoption of a collective book of work.
- Work closely with colleagues and stakeholders to enhance the quality of deliverables.
- Lead by example to ensure adherence to the Group’s processes and policies, training programs.
- Demonstrate leading through example and building an appropriate culture / values.
- Support the ongoing management and refinement of a central repository to track all financial crime risk events and issues identified globally that may impact SCB’s Correspondent Banking Profile across all global currencies cleared.
- Support the preparation of comprehensive MI articulating the origin, destination and materiality of FCC risks and issues identified globally for discussion at Operating Groups and Committees, to ensure that senior management are given visibility of all relevant risk factors in order to support informed decisions in managing financial crime risk.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders including, but not limited, to Business and FCC to assess the impact and materiality of risk events and issues identified globally that may impact SCB’s Correspondent Banking Profile, and maintain oversight of the corresponding actions plans required for the successful mitigation of risks.
- Drive the monthly production of the Global Core Banking FCC KRI Dashboard and work with the FCC Data and MI team on data validation and process enhancement efforts.
- Ensure timely identification and escalation of concentrations of risk and FCC Key Risk Indicator trends to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the ongoing periodic monitoring of risks mitigated to identify if risk mitigation actions taken have been effective. Develop MI to provide senior management with a view of the reduction of risk over time.
- Review client and thematic review reports prepared by the Regional Core Banking FCC teams to ensure that risks identified are clearly and concisely articulated with supporting evidence and recommendation are comprehensive. Ensure all reports are reviewed in a timely manner and actions are taken forward promptly.
- Serve as a central point of contact for FI teams to obtain data and MI on Financial Crime Key Risk Indicators for their clients, which may be used to support their KRI reviews and discussions with the business teams and / or clients.
- Support the overall governance of SCB’s Correspondent Banking Program by maintaining oversight of key regulatory deliverables and other related workstreams impacting the successful implementation of the Program.
- Ensure, lead and monitor strict adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and Sales confidentiality.
- Ensure risks are clearly identified, quantified and escalated.
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external policies and procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for support in challenging the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FI Advisory team
- Head of FCC Correspondent Banking
- Regional Heads of Correspondent Banking, FCC
- Head of Correspondent Banking - FCC Governance
- FCC Data and MI
- Group and Regional Sanctions Teams
- Group and Regional FCC Controls Teams
- Regional and Country CIB Management
- Regional and Country FCC Management
- Risk and Compliance network
Project / Change Management
- Engage with relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, the FCC Data and MI, the Group Sanctions Team, the Network Banks team and the Regional CFCC teams, to enhance existing processes and quality of reporting
- Support FI projects/ initiatives as needed to strengthen controls and reduce inherent risks.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Graduate degree (minimum) with minimum 3 - 5 years experience in financial crime compliance within a financial institution.
- Professional qualification in Anti-Money Laundering (AML). ACAMS preferred but not mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of excel macros and Tableau preferred.
- Have good knowledge of SCB’s Correspondent Banking Profile; Policies, Procedures and Standards relating to FCC; as well as knowledge of the local regulations and legislation on AML / Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) and Sanctions.
- Have good knowledge of data flow through SCB system including, but not limited to, familiarity with Case Management systems with KRI data.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Data Visualization
- Programming Language
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental / maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers